Monday, November 26, 2007

Let the Christmas Madness begin.....



Wow...hard to believe that Christmas is less than a month away....when I left with my last post, the hubster and I were on our way out to start our Christmas shopping...he hates to shop...so, I thought the above cartoon was appropriate...lol...I don't think that it is the shopping, has much as it is the spending of the money....we bought a few things, but I still have a long way to go.
I am one of those "wait until the last minute" kind of people.
I don't venture out on Black Friday.....but come Christmas Eve....I am still out there running with the rest of the crazies, zombie-eyed shoppers....grabbing those last minute items, trying to salvage what is left to buy.

So...how was every one's Thanksgiving? Mine was busy, yet wonderful...I cooked so much food, we are still eating the left overs...but that is the fun of it, isn't it?
Hubby's Mom and Dad came over, I had all four boys, then me and the hubster....
I cooked an 18 lb turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cornbread dressing, baked macaroni and cheese, rolls....2 pumpkin pies, brownies and the previously mentioned coconut cake....I had appetizers as well...everything was homemade, from scratch....it took me 3 days to shop, prepare and cook all of that food, by myself..and a total of 30 minutes for everyone to eat and get up from the table...amazing.

The in-laws took Max (4 yr old) with them Thanksgiving night, hubster went to sleep, of course...so, the three older boys and I just kind of hung out....watched t.v..I was so exhausted I could barely move...

Here are a few pictures of the three older boys Thanksgiving night.

Tim...in front of the computer...where he stayed the majority of the time....got to keep up with all the girls on "face book"...







Justin...getting ready to watch the Colts game....



Aaron, playing downstairs in the playroom....

Friday, we had to take the boys home to Terre Haute, Tim had to work Friday afternoon...so we were in a rush to get them there....hubster was driving, he got pulled over...received a speeding ticket to the tune of $160....what a way to put a dent in the Christmas budget, let me tell ya....let's just say I was none too happy with him....

Friday and Saturday night, we did a little shopping, stayed in the rest of the time.
Sunday, on the way to pick up the two little ones for the weekend....we got rear ended....did not do a lot of damage to our car...just scraped our left rear bumper...get this...hubster let the girl that hit us go....he said he could buff it out, not worth the trouble....I was not too happy about that either...

I am tired...I am irritable....I don't want to be here at work....but, we have a speeding ticket to pay now, I don't work....I don't get paid.
C'est la vie.....huh!

This week has got to be better than the weekend....here's to a good one..

OH...Don't forget...Dancing with the Stars tonight! This is the last show..until Tomorrows results...they will each be dancing three dances tonight...I 'll be watching....hope you will be too..

Go....Helio and Julianne!

Dixiechick...out.

11 comments:

Bella said...

Ate so much I think I grew feathers. It was very nice!

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Damn, I hate speeding tickets!

As usual, I was forced to eat 2 Thanksgiving meals. First we went to my in-laws for an early dinner and then drove 40 minutes for another meal and dessert at my mom's. I usually save some room cuz my mom's turkey/gravy and potatos rock, plus she makes killer stuffed cabbage.

Rachel said...

It was fun, if you discount the food poisoning that I got from the after thanksgiving visit to some friend's of ours on the way home. 2 days.. NO BUENO!!!
My DH said I can keep being your friend because Justin is a Colts fan LOL!! He loves the colts.
Homemade food is the only way to go! Sounds like y'all had a blast hon! So glad.
Now it's off to Christmas crazy!!
P.S. I'm a last minute shopper too :-)

Kim said...

I have never gone shopping on black friday. I hate crowds & I hate shopping, so I know I just couldn't deal with it.

Bradley's Mom said...

Hi Dixie!

Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes! I appreciate it!

I can't believe that DWTS is ending already! I hate that!!!

Talk to you soon!

Linda

DIXIECHICK said...

Katie...tell me about it...I do not want to see another turkey for quite some time...the hubster just threw out the left overs today.

Monk..yeah, he was lucky...he was going thirty miles over...dummy. He could have been arrested for reckless driving, the cop mentioned that to him when he gave him the ticket...2 meals? Dang....I barely ate one on Thanksgiving, I was so tired from all of the cooking....my in-laws were very impressed with my cooking...they did not realize what a great cook their son married.

Hey, Rachel...I am so sorry you got food poisoning...that sucks...what a way to put a damper on the festivities...I sure hope you are feeling better...all ready for the mad Christmas shopping? Well...I am glad your DH will allow you to continue being my bloggy friend...we are a Colts household...they rule! Yeah, Colts~so glad they won the last game..they were starting to worry us. Too bad we don't live closer, we could meet up and do some shopping together..after all, great minds do think alike...lol..

Kim..I did the Black Friday thing once...many years ago...It was such a horrific experience, I swore I would never do it again...and I haven't. I get most of my shopping done, the last two weeks before. I just like to live on the edge.

Linda...I truly hope your birthday was special; Hope Bradley got you something nice..lol..
One hour until dancing with the stars....are you on the Helio team or Marie or MelB?

Bradley's Mom said...

Helio and Julianne definitely!

GO GO GO!!!

The Egel Nest said...

Those pics were cute...we had a very nice Thanksgiving also!

Great cartoon at the top!


Bradley
The Egel Nest

DIXIECHICK said...

Thanks Linda and Bradley....yeah, go Helio and Julianne!!! Woot...Woot....glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving...I am already tired of the Holidays, will be so glad when they are over.

Sicilian said...

Great pics. . . . sorry about the ticket . . . I function like you. . . work. . . pay for it. . . try not to get anymore.
Ciao

Anonymous said...

I hate shopping too. Must be a guy thing. For me, I hate to spend money (might need it later) and the wife usually shops while I deal with the three little ones.