Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sick Child....



I have been up all night with my little one, Max....he is a very sick little boy....he is running about a 102 fever, I have been fighting all night, trying to get it down...

I have not slept, I have been puked on, peed on and pooped on....plus, it is hard to sleep when you finally do get them to sleep...because you are so worried...

I think it is just a viral type of thing...and I know taking him to the doctor probably will not result in anything...they usually will not prescribe anything...and they will tell me to do everything that I am already doing...as long as I can keep it below 102....then I know he will be o.k...Max has never been a child that shakes a fever easily though...he gets colds very easily, viral infections like this..at least two a year it seems. His first year of life..he was sick constantly it seemed; he was born almost four weeks early, only weighing in at 5 lbs 2 oz...so, it has taken him a while to build up his little immune system.

Anyway...he is sleeping, I have to get Aaron off to school...I have already called the hubster, he is on his way home from work..asked him to pick up some Pedialyte, 7-up, soup/crackers and some Lysol...because if what he has is contagious...I sure can't afford to get sick..not this close to Christmas...also, when I don't work...I don't get paid. The company I work for does not pay out sick time or personal time. I get 10 vacation days a year, that is it. Well...those were used up by middle of summer, so today, I am out money too. The hubster could have taken care of him, but he hardly slept yesterday, worked all night, there is no way he could have taken care of Max properly today...I mean...he could, but it just would not be fair to him; he is this family's primary provider, we need his income a lot more than we need mine. H e could work 1/2 a shift and make what I make in one entire day...so, kind of glad he worked overtime over the weekend...

Guess that is it..hope you all have a great day....I am off to Lysol down my home.

DixieChick...out!

14 comments:

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

So sorry, honey. Hope your little Maxster bounces back soon. Hang in there - it can only get better.

Rachel said...

Poor baby! We can Lysol our homes together! I'm going crazy with Lysol and Germ-X!!!
Hope he gets better quickly!
Ain't motherhood grand!

Cynthia said...

Hope he feels better...Don't get sick!

Whitenoise said...

That sucks. Been there, done that. Had wife +3 kids sick simultaneously. I was the last man standing for 2 more days while they messed up every towel in the house. I finally parked them all on a linoleum floor in the front hallway- it was just easier that way.

DIXIECHICK said...

Hey, Monk....I sure hope so...it has been a very trying day...he is laying on the couch right now, crying over his stomach hurting....last night and today have just about done me in...at least the fever has broken..one less thing to worry about..scares me when it gets really high like it did last night.

Rachel...your little ones sickly too? Must be something going around....house has been lysoled, bleached, etc...I sure hope I have done everything to keep everyone else from getting sick...kind of heart to keep a 4 year old apart from everyone else.

Nap...thanks...won't matter if I get sick...I still have to keep going. Taking time out for me to be sick..not an option.

White Noise...yeah, been there in the past as well...just hope that we can keep it contained...although, hubby did say earlier, he wasn't feeling too well...no sign of fever or anything else as of right now, so I hope it stays away from the rest of us.

Thanks everyone...have a great night!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember EVERYTHING about having small children, but I DO remember the helpless feeling when they were sick. So sorry you're having to go through this. Hope he gets a good night's sleep and gets up tomorrow morning much improved.

Sandra

DIXIECHICK said...

Thanks, Sandra...I hope so too, but I think to play it safe, we are going to keep him home from pre-school tomorrow...hubby has slept all day, should be able to safely take care of him tomorrow.
Have a good night.

the planet of janet said...

hope your little guy feels better soon and that you don't get it.

btw, thanks for stopping by my blog. i came to you via a very circuitous route but i am glad that i did. :-)

Ken said...

I hope Max gets better soon. I see we are not the only ones that go to the doctor only to have him say he can't prescribe anything. I hope you get some rest soon.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahhh, hope he gets better soon.

Kim said...

I hope he feels better soon!

DIXIECHICK said...

Janet...thanks. He is feeling a little better today; although, last night, he said he didn't feel good and "asked" to go to bed at 8 p.m...that never happens, so I knew the little guy was sick. Just spoke with Hubby and he said it sounds like he has a cold in his chest now...

Daddy O...he is feeling better, as far as the fever goes;hubby said it is in his chest now, the rest of us are ok so far, I am just exhausted...no rest for the weary!

Jo..thank you..he is much better today; except for a cold now developing in his chest.

Kim..thanks. As you have probably read, fever is gone, but now a chest cold has taken its place.
I hate when my babies get sick...totally feel helplesss.

Bradley's Mom said...

I sure hope he is better now!!!

Be well!!!

DIXIECHICK said...

Thanks Linda!