Monday, February 11, 2008

My Baby is Five Years Old...




Where has the time gone? Sunday, February 10th, you turned five....that is so hard to believe..I can remember it like it was yesterday..the day I went into labor with you...obviously...you had had enough..you could be contained no longer...you wanted out early, you had been struggling to get out since the day you were conceived..you had no patience then...you have none now...lol...you came into this world 3 1/2 weeks early..without hardly any struggle at all....you came out fast and you haven't slowed down since.

Maxwell, you were such a surprise baby...you were conceived during a very emotional and difficult time in your Mama's life...but, I want you to know, no baby could have been wanted more...your father and I both knew we wanted you fiercely, from the very second we found out...your grandparents were overjoyed...because they didn't think that your Dad would ever settle down, have a child...Meeting your father and having you was truly what saved me, during a very hard time in my life...

I look at you now, fighting/arguing with your older brothers...it makes me realize how much of a fighter you have always been...even before your birth. We almost lost you twice...both times, the doctors were certian you were gone...I had miscarried you..then, they did an ultrasound...and there you were...still hanging on...the doctors had to pretty much sew you in there..to keep you from coming out too soon...and you made it to just over 36 weeks...weighing only 5 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long..you were so tiny, now look at you..such a big boy!

So, seeing you now...at five years old...totally leaves me speechless. I honestly did not know how I could possibly love another little boy as much as I love you...the love and emotions you have awakened in me have totally taken me by surprise...every day, they continue to grow and grow. That love has also made me love your father more than I ever thought possible. You are his one and only and just like me...he adores you...You are our world. Max..I can see your fathers love for you and his devotion to try and be the best Dad he can be...we both have our short comings...but just know how very much we love you and how we want the best there is for you. It fills me with such joy to see you two together...playing, sharing love and fun with one another..you are his little mini-me...all of your characteristics are 100% your dad...all you have from me is my nose...lol...

You are such a happy, loving and wonderful little boy...it is so hard to grasp that you, my baby boy, are now five years old and that this fall...you will be going to big boy school...starting Kindergarten....I find that hard to believe...I know you are going to do awesome though..you are so smart and you have such a strong desire to learn...be big, just like your big brothers....You give so much love to your family....your big brothers are idolized by you and I hope they know how lucky they are to have you in thier lives...

(With your biggest brother..whom you idolize...Tim..at your pre-birthday dinner celebration..how you love Applebee's)

You are such a giving child...always willing to share..never understanding why your other two brothers...pick on you so much....you love them...they just see you as annoying..but don't worry my darling...they do love you, and they will outgrow thier annoyance...as you get older and they get older..

(Here they are laughing at your silly antics)...

You are also, such an appreciative child...there is nothing that you receive that you don't show tremendous gratitude for..very seldom do you ask for anything...so, that is why, when for your birthday...you asked for one present...to have your birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese's..so, what was a Mama to do, but fulfill her baby's wish...

Happy Fifth Birthday..Maxwell Alan....I love you more than life itself...I don't want you to grow up..but I know it is inevitable..so, I will look back and reflect on this birthday, as you put it, "This was my Best Birthday, ever! Thanks Mama and Daddy!"


(Trying so hard to stay in your seat..you were beyond excited!)






(Your Elton John look)




(Dancing with Chuckie)



(Time for cake!)




(Just one of your favorite presents...Oh, How you love Tony Stewart and Nascar..I blame your Dad and Grandpa for that attraction)....

Happy birthday my little man!

15 comments:

the planet of janet said...

awww... so sweet!

it's hard to watch them grow up, yet it's so gratifying at the same time.

treasure these moments. i know you know that well!

Daphne said...

aww. {{Happy Birthday Maxwell!}}
&&
Your boys are gorgeous =)

Seals said...

Awwwwww, what a cutie!

Great story. I love that bottom picture.

Big Pissy said...

Awwwww....SO cute!

love the pictures...thanks for sharing! :)

david mcmahon said...

Happy birthday Maxwell. Tell Dad and Grandpa a kid can never have too many Nascars!!

Bradley's Mom said...

You've got some HANDSOME fellas there!!

We love Nascar in our household too!!

Hope all is well, Dixie!!

Linda

Toni said...

What a lovely family! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I was gonna write "awwww" then noticed the other 75 thousand people who wrote it--he is a sweet looking little man. Happy Birthday Bud!!

Sicilian said...

Great Pics Dix.. . .beautiful tribute to your baby.
Ciao

Italianissima said...

What a beautiful family! happy birthday Maxwell!

Ken said...

Happy birthday, Maxwell! Cool Elton John glasses too!

ENFORCER said...

Happy Birthday Maxwell, great Tony Stewart picture book, Im jealous.
Mom, way to go awesome post!!!

DIXIECHICK said...

Janet...yes, it is..makes me realize how old I am getting too..I can't have any more babies...sigh.

Daphne..thanks, I think so....but I am very biased.

Ajooja..yeah, that was his favorite, along with the golf clubs Grandma and Grandpa got him.


Pissy..thanks so much.

David..if Dad and Grandpa have there way, he will be driving midget/sprint cars by the time he is 12.

Linda..thanks for stopping by...Nascar rules in our house....Max's entire room is decorated with Nascar.

Toni..aww..thanks hon!

Flat....thanks...I think so.

Sicilian...thanks...

Italianissima...thanks...I passed on all of yours and everyone elses birthday wishes to him.

Daddy Forever...yeah, he was rocking the glasses.

Enforcer...yeah, it was a playstation game, he also got the steering wheel/race pedals to go wtih it...I have had to be very strict with him about his use of it..he would stay on that playstation forever if I left him.

A Novelist said...

Oh he's precious! Looks like he had a fun time. Happy Birthday to your little one! ;)

Lori said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday big boy!