Friday, February 8, 2008

With Valentines Day just around the corner....




I thought I would offer up some suggestions to you guys out there....in regards to buying your significant other a gift...don't let her kid you, if she tells you not to get her anything, you better at least get her a card....but don't give her any of these...

*A box of chocolates, clumsily rearranged in an attempt to hide the fact you ate all the caramel ones.

*Lingerie that you think will look almost as good on her as on the Victoria’s Secret model.

*Any clothing item with the words “push-up” or “slim-down” on the label.
*
Any food item with the words “diet”, “light”, or “high fibre” on the label.
*
Any video starring Sylvester Stallone, Jim Carrey, or Angelina Jolie.
*
Flowers from a hospital’s gift shop–or worse, a mortuary’s.

*
Poetry, no matter how heartfelt, that starts out “There was once a girl from Nantucket…”
*
Anything you ever gave another woman, including your mother.
*
Any household appliance, power tool or other item from the harder side of Sears.
*
A gift certificate.
*
Cash.
*
Anything you could have bought at the gas station mini-mart on the way over, even if you didn’t.
*
An apologetic look and the words “That was today?”

Avoid this list...you will be doing o.k....lol.

9 comments:

BookMamma said...

Oh, I don't know... one year I got a Dyson and it was FABULOUS!!
Cheers as we do some Weekend Bloghopping!

Maureen said...

I am so nervous.... I mentioned I need a new electric fry pan last week; ours has bit the dust.

I WILL kill him if THAT's what I get next week.....

Maureen
Blog hoppin'

Daphne said...

hey that's all better than what I usually get .... nothing. Well, he does say "Happy Valentine's Day"

Daphne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linka72 said...

What??? Cash has ALWAYS been a lovely gift in my book..but I'm a whore so...

Sarabeth said...

Blog Hopping-HP

I'm boycotting Valentine's Day.

Sandy Kessler said...

I sent this blog sugeestions to everyone I know hahahaah

DIXIECHICK said...

Bookmama...I think I would be very happy with a dyson...

Maureen..too funny! I bet that is what you get..lol..karma, baby...make sure to do a blog post about it if you do.

Daphne..I don't usually get anything either..that is why the flowers in my above post was such a shock.

Linka...MMmmmmmhhhhh...maybe you are right..cash isn't so bad....only if he doesnt leave it on the bedside table..lol.

Sarabeth..why?

Sandy...too funny!

Ken said...

Oh man. I guess I better return the Angelina Jolie DVDs I got my wife.