Thursday, April 3, 2008

AMERICAN IDOL.....NOW THERE ARE EIGHT.....




RAMELAMA DING DONG..IS REALLY REALLY GONE GONE....


Did I call it or what?
I was off on the bottom three, but just by one....
The bottom three were Brooke White, Kristy Lee Cook, Ramiele Malubay...

Before that decision was reached...we had to endure the awful group rendition of 9 to 5...listen to Dolly sing about Jesus and being grounded, which I loved...but seeing Dolly up close, you can tell, to keep herself looking good at 62..she has had some work done...oh, well...if I had her money, I probably would too.
We watched Michael Johns be the first contestant deemed safe, then little baby boy David Archuletta followed suit. Carly, after being tortured for a few minutes by Monkey suit Ryan...gets to take a safe seat...

Next...calls from the regular people....what do you all think of that? Man, the things they to do to fill up an hour time slot...I usually get up and leave the room, do other things during this portion of the vote off show. Some of the questions are so stupid.

Then...the Clark Brothers perform...who the hell are they? Idol must be really hurting for extras for the show...they weren't too bad...just not my cup of tea. I would have rather heard Dolly sing again.

Anway, the final three are determined, the others take to the couch...we watch the Idol gives back segment...then the lights are dimmed...and little Ramiele Malubay is the one sent packing. One thing I couldn't get over, when all three of them were standing on stage,waiting on the decision..was how tall Kristy and Brooke are...compared to Ramiele, they were giants...Brooke is deemed safe, then they break the bad news to Ramiele...Kristy grabs her in this enormous hug, smashing Ramieles face right into her boobs....for a good two minutes, while Ryan tries to get their attention, for Ramiele to sing for the last time. She was crying so hard, I didn't think she was going to be able to do it...but, she did...a little shakily, but you could tell her heart was broke...poor thing...

So...do you think America made the right decision? Who do you think will be next to go home?

I think the right decision was made, I can't wait to see what the remaining group brings next week.

Dixiechick...out.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Gosh, sweetie, I don't have an opinion, I haven't watched AI since the first season...and I don't even know why...go figure!

I will try and catch it next week, so I will know what's going on!

Have a FAB day!

.:| Melissa.Mizladytaz |:. said...

Yes, it was the right decision. I think next week it will be either Jason or Kristy.

Jason is just weird, and rarely sings well, in my opinion. Kristy is pretty, yes. It's clear that country music is her calling, but, I feel she is only mediocre.

I really want to know why they keep saying this year has the best talent EVER. I don't think so. I think last year was. I actually think this year is the worst talent.

I've been watching AI since the beginning. Although, I have threatened MANY times to quit watching it. For some reason, I just can't. I have stopped watching the auditions. I just couldn't handle seeing the moronic rejects anymore!

The only reason these fools come to audition, is that they know they have a REALLY good shot at getting their stupid faces and eardrum shattering voices on TV. I don't watch to see a bunch of no singing morons. I watch to see TALENTED people sing.

Now, I begin watching from "Hollywood Week" on. This year, I have watched them send so many talented people home. For reasons I can't fathom! People who actually deserved to be there, instead of the majority of those who were selected as the top 24, and even top 12.

I have a feeling that the winner will be either David Cook or David Archuletta.

I don't much care for David Cook. I don't know exactly what it is about him that I don't like. I've sat and watched him royally screw up some songs, in my opinion. Generally, I think he sings just "ok", but it's even more than that. His appearance makes me wretch. He always looks as if he hasn't showered in a month, and "appears" to be stinky! Like a bum. Yanno. I don't know! Just a thing with me I guess. LOL

David Archulettta, I think sings amazingly MOST of the time. He's been the most consistent from the beginning. But, I'm not sure he's mature enough to handle the grown up world of the music business. I don't feel he's quite ready for that, just yet. His shyness and fumbling over himself gets on my nerves a little.

MY favorite is Syesha Mercado (did I spell that right? LOL) I think she's a great singer, she's beautiful, appears to be a well grounded person and she has an infectious smile. Though, I don't think she'll win.

This is after all some sort of MALE beauty contest, rather than a singing contest! ;0) Well, at least until they get down to the nitty gritty (about the last four contestants)

Even though I think David Cook is Butt Fugly. But apparently he appeals to all the teeny boppers in the U.S.!?

Yea, and that's a rant for another time. The teeny boppers groups and the voting! Ha!

Well, you asked, and I answered. Probably way more than you wanted to read! LOL

I've been reading your site for some weeks now, and figured it was time I wrote a comment .... err, mini novel. ;0)I can't remember how I found your site, exactly. I think maybe it was through Dixie at Deep Fried Southern Style.

Cynthia said...

So about time she got voted off...way to call it Dixie!

DIXIECHICK said...

Meg..well, get with the program girlie! Ha..just kidding, AI isn't always for everyone. I must say, this season has not been that great anyway.

Melissa...wow, thanks for stopping by. I couldn't agree more with you in regards to Jason and Kristy...it will definitely be one of them this week. Thanks for stopping by.

Nap...for once. Not to sure about this week though.