Wednesday, September 10, 2008

UUUggggHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!



I have been sustaining myself on around 1200 calories a day since February....With my birthday last week, lots of wine, cake and picnic/bbq food...I gained 2 lbs....I know some of you think, well..whoop de freaking doo...but for me, I have come a long way, and to find the scale creap upwards..not a good feeling..so, for the past few days, I have been on a salad, subway, oatmeal/fruit diet....this morning, I got up and found, yay! I lost those 2 lbs....

But, the problem is...by lunch time today...I was freaking starving, like stomach was hurting starving..so I caved...I was at the mall today on my lunch break, shopping for new grey slacks for work, which I found, in a size 3..Yay! again, right? Well, after I bought the pants...I headed to the food court, with the intentions of another salad/grilled chicken...and, um....for some reason, my footsteps took me to Panda Express...and I have researched their calories on line, so I knew I could get the steamed veggies and chicken with mushrooms (200 calories)...but, I also got the steamed rice, thinking it would be healthier then the lo mein or fried rice...come to find out, white rice is full of sugar and that choice probably wasn't such a good idea....so, I find that I splurged..I allow myself one splurge a week....usually save that for the weekends...so, I screwed up and lost my splurge privelage for the week...

Oh, the guilt I feel.....guess it's lean cuisine only for me for dinner tonight....and I wasn't planning on going to the gym...I went last night....my left leg is so sore (shin splints~I think)...that I was going to give it a rest tonight..but, now....sigh....no rest for the weary, for the guilty and the over eater....guess I will have to go to the gym after all.....

I think I'm going to cry.....damn Panda Express!

This is kind of how I feel about it....

5 comments:

Italianissima said...

Hey Dixie. It is ok to fall of the wagon every now and again. Just be careful - since you ate chinese food today I would skip the Lean Cuisine - that is ALOT of salt for one day - maybe some protien and a salad would make you feel better. Drink extra water too and stay off the scale for a few days until the chinese food makes its way out of your system. Just a few hints from a former Weight Watcher. Keep up the good work!!! You look great!

Anonymous said...

I've been on the treadmill since Sept 1. I had shin splints after some good workouts this weekend. I let it rest Monday (which I felt guilty about starting the week off that way) but Tues & Wed I've been fine on the treadmill. I'm really hoping to drop 8 lbs by Nov. I know that doesn't seem like a lot but the smaller you are, the harder it is to get the weight off. Larger people can drop 5-10 lbs in water weight in a matter of days!

It's ok about the Panda Express, white rice is still much better than deep fried ANYTHING! You shouldn't see any effects from one meal. I love my Lean Cuisine's for lunch--the only one I will eat is Seasame Chicken. Yum!

Sicilian said...

I suffer from shin splints too. I found that stretching before and after helps bunches. I used to hate to take the time to do it, but I feel so much better when I do stretch.
Ciao

BITR Country Girl said...

It's alright to fall off the wagon every now and then. According to what I've been reading (cause I'm trying to lose some weight too) it's ok to give in to cravings occasionally, just in moderation of course.

DIXIECHICK said...

Italianissima...yeah, you are right, and I took your advice and avoided the lean cuisine...I ate a a salad with grilled chicken and low fat dressing.

Flat...tell me about it....my right leg is ok, just my left...hurts constantly...I am living on Aleve.....I plan on going tonight, but instead of my usual 3 miles, I may only do 2 and spend more time on the eleptical...good luck on your weight loss....it is hard, but if I can do it, you can do it!

Sicilian...I try and stretch...but, I don't think I am doing it properly...I may ask one of the trainers at the gym to show me some good ones to do.

Jamie...yeah, I know...but, it still doesn't do anything to rid myself of the guilt when I do...I thought I was making a good choice, then find out after I eat that it wasn't (rice) bummed me out.