Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekends over..Whew...Did it fly by!

What a busy weekend....Friday night, hubby and I only had one kid, Aaron..so we went out for dinner, stopped and rented a couple movies. Slumdog Millionaire...and Marley and Me...I highly recommend both. They were excellent!
Saturday of course, I had to work from 8-noon..which was a complete waste of my life and time, but what are you going to do?
After work Hubby and I headed to Terre Haute, to visit with my oldest son and take pictures of him and his date before they went to his Senior Prom...
Here are some photos...


The proud Mama and her baby!!!!


Tim and his little cutie date Hannah...


Mom and Son at the local park where all the kids gather for photos before the prom.


The handsome young man!


Tim, his date and just some of their friends....


Tim and his best friend Josh...in the shades they got while in Florida on Spring Break! Are these dudes cool or what???


Another shot of Mom and son....


Mom, Son and Son's Father (the first ex)

That's about it...just lots of more of the same..so, I will stop there. It was really nice to see Tim...it had been four long months and I can't believe, each time I see him what a handsome young man he is turning out to be...He is very popular with his classmates as well as there parents. It was hard on me to stand in the background, no one really knowing who I was...acknowledging his step mom and his dad, until Tim pulled me forward and said this is my mom...that helped. I feel like the last four to five years of his life have went by in a blur and I have missed so much. I can't believe he is almost nineteen and will be starting university this fall. He has turned out so well and I must credit his Dad for doing such a wonderful job with him over the past four years. I have helped and done all I can, when I can...but, ultimately it has been his dad. Sigh....I suddenly feel so freaking old!

Anyway, after we left the park, we took Justin out to eat and then headed back to Lafayette....with a quick 45 minute visit at Keiths parents, to pick up Max, we didn't get home until 10:30 Saturday night.
Sunday was spent running errands...we went out to lunch, Indian food...yum, my favorite...surprisingly the two younger boys were very well behaved and the Starbucks for an afternoon treat/pick me up.....then to the mall. Hubby needed some new shirts/shoes and luckily we were able to find both for him. Thank goodness....he has been doing without for so long, it really made me happy to finally see him do something for himself.

I am ashamed to say, with my busy schedule, I was unable to make it to the gym at all this weekend. I just did not have enough hours in the day....I was exhuasted yesterday and Mother Nature, once again hit me over the weekend full force..and going to the gym on the first two days of that is just not an option....it is so bad now, I am starting to get concerned..Looks like it is time to pay the doctor a visit...
Anyway, I am headed back to the gym tonight and I will post my workout tomorrow, for those of you who are interested.

For breakfast this morning, I had oatmeal with blackberries, and 100 calorie Yoplait yougurt and I am working on my second cup of coffee....for lunch today, it will be a grilled chicken salad from somewhere with light Italian dressing and before I head to the gym, around 4 pm I will have a power protien bar and a sugar free red bull....After I work out, I am usually not that hungry, so I always have a grilled chicken salad....Throughout the day, I try and drink 6-7 bottles of water and stay away from sugary juices and drinks.

Happy Monday everyone! The weekend will be here again before we know it!

2 comments:

GiselleU said...

I can imagine that it would be difficult to be left out like that, but how sweet of your son to show off his mama. Congrats on raising such a handsome son!

Sicilian said...

Love the pics. . . . . . the powder blue was popular when I was in school . . . I think you can hold your head high. . . . he is who he is because he has a mother who loves him. . . .
Be proud Dix!
Ciao