Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekends over...Monday again...4 day work week....

Sigh...Here it is...another Monday. I swear, I don't know where the time goes. It just seems like I was leaving this office on Friday, I blinked and here I am again. There is some consolation though...it's only a 4 day work week.

Our weekend was good....busy, but good. Friday, one of our dear friends came over and we had a cook out. Had a couple of cocktails. After he left, I was pretty beat, so ended up going to bed around midnight. Saturday, I spent the morning drinking coffee and trying to catch up on my reading. By late afternoon, the hubby and I decided to take the kids swimming. We spent a couple hours at the pool. It was very nice and relaxing. At least for the first hour. Now, I am the type of chick that hates getting her hair wet when she goes to the pool. Yes, I am "one of those"....I prefer to get my body wet from the chest down, get out and lay on a chaise and dry off from the sun, and read....while the kids play. And I don't like to get splashed. So, I was sitting on a lounge chair, drying off, relaxing..reading my magazine and some kid a girl, about 10 or 11 years old, had one of these little squirt tube type things, kind of like a water gun, but in a long tube, and she kept squirting me with it. The first couple of times she squirted me with it, I ignored her...the third time, I asked her to please not squirt me again....the fourth time she not only soaked me, but got my magazine wet as well....I stood up and said I have asked you nicely to please stop squirting me, now don't do it again! After that incident, hubby was back and sat down next to me...we were chatting, and the little bugger did it again! This time, drenching my legs and my magazine...hubby jumped up and told her to not do it again! He was rather loud and angry sounding when he said it, so the girl ran over to her mom, who of course jumped up and yelled at us, What do you expect, you are sitting by the kiddie pool, which sorry, the kiddie pool was to our right about 200 yards away, and the little girl was no where near the kiddie pool. The woman needed to make her kid mind, instead of yelling at us. What the hell is wrong with people? If it had been one of my kids and someone yelled at them for squirting them, I would have apologized and took the squirter away from my child....anyway, at that point, the pool was preparing to close, so the woman grabbed up her stuff, her kids and waddled away in a huff...we left the pool as well, and took the kids to Pizza King for dinner. We had a lot of fun, but the little kids were over tired at that point and they were being loud and obnoxious, so I was so grateful to finally get home. After showers, the two youngest went to bed, and we, hubby and I sat out on the porch and sipped some wine, and relaxed. Lovely way to end the evening. At least it was until the mosquitoes came out. Hate those buggers!
Sunday, spent the morning being lazy again....and finally around noon, showered and Justin (15 year old) and I went to the gym....it felt great to get in a good workout. I ran 4 miles, then spent another hour on weights for my legs and then worked on my abs....
Hubby ended up taking Justin home later and I was able to relax, read and get my mind geared up for returning to work.

On other news..Hubby has gotten laid off from his job. So, I am having some sleepless nights figuring out what we are going to do, how we are going to make ends meet. He says he has a plan, well...for all of our sakes, I hope it works.

3 comments:

Sicilian said...

Sorry about the job lay off . . . puts a lot of pressure on you doesn't it. . . .
I would be out of my mind. . . worrying and not sleeping. . .
Ciao

Dixiechick said...

I am...on top of the lay off, I am dealing with some unexpected health issues, and I feel as if I am caught between a rock and hard place. Thanks, Sicilian..for still coming around and reading my blog.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Hang in there chickie. Sounds cheesy, but I have learned that when things look their worst, something comes around when you least expect it to brighten your day.

As for that mother, she is lucky I wasn't there, I would have told her to do, what you said she should. I am all over my kids in public.

BTW. Please email me at lady_roslynn@yahoo.com