Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away....I want to break up with you!



O.M.G....I am so over this winter! Starting late Monday evening, snow and Ice started pelting Indiana. After work on Monday, I had plans to go to the gym, since I had not been since the previous Friday, but that was not meant to be. We were under a winter advisory, and I knew, with the amount of snow coming down as I left work, that if I went to the gym, it would be impossible for me to get home safely. I ended up cancelling out the gym, going home, getting the hubby and kids and headed back to the grocery, as most people decided to do, to stock up for the impending storm.

I am so glad we did, as we were snowed in Tuesday and Wednesday. Hubby did make it to work Tuesday night (they called me off Tuesday and Wednesday), but Wednesday, he couldn't get the car pulled off the side of the road in front of the house onto the road...solid ice. We were not able to go anywhere! I am so glad, believe it or not to be back to work today. Being stuck in a tiny house with the two kids and the hubby really begin to wear on all of our nerves. Bickering and fighting ensued last night, on all or our parts, so with a sigh of relief, I drove off to work today. The kids are still out of school, for the third day in a row, hopefully to return tomorrow.

The storm is over and the county is pretty much still trying to clean up the aftermath. A lot of people lost power, but fortunately, we were not one of those thousands that suffered from that. The in-laws were without for almost 36 hours. Luckily, they had a small generator, plenty of gas and could stay warm.

I have not worked out in five days and I am itching to get to the gym. I plan on a short run and some leg/ab work tonight. My fitness from last year is gone. I have got to get my ass in gear. Especially since I have a 1/2 marathon in a few months.

Spring...please get here soon. The groundhog didn't see his shadow, so hopefully that prediction will ring true.

I can't stand much more of this bitter cold and snow.

No comments: