Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Let the Holidays begin.....

It's hard to believe, but in exactly one week, I will be putting one of these on the table:


Where has this year gone? Seriously...I am not ready for the Holidays, for Winter...the cold and the snow...

I am looking forward to having my family together next Week....minus one kid. It is Aaron's fathers turn to have him for Thanksgiving, so it will just be my older two boys and my youngest, along with the hubby and his parents...I am planning to cook an entire feast, just like I did last year. I have next Wednesday off of work, and am in a debacle...I need to stay home and clean, start food prep and pick up my two oldest boys in Terre Haute, but my youngest son has a field trip that day to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis and I would like to go with him on that...so, I don't know what to do....there are just not enough hours in the day, not enough of me to go around...

Which has been causing some major stress....resulting in chest pain and tightness/shortness of breath that I have had going on since last Monday night...I couldn't sleep Monday night because of it..it got so bad at one point, I had the wits scared out of me...thinking I was having a heart attack....still have the constant pressure and tightness right now and I don't know what to do...go to the Dr/E.R or not go....maybe it is a chest cold, but I have no other symptoms of a cold, other than sinus drainage...in fact last night, I ran 4 miles in 36 minutes, walked another half mile, did 15 minutes on the eliptical and actually felt ok for a while....but, it is still there, along with pain in the middle of my back....I don't want to be a hypocondriac but I am really starting to get worried....

Moving on...life is still just as hectic and busy as ever....I honestly feel like I can never slow down....they are starting to lay people off here at work, so there are only two of us left here in the office...which makes it extremely busy, more so than usual....on top of my heavy work load that I already have, and my Manager, who is a complete jerk sometimes, loud and obnoxious...I would almost give anything to be one of the few left to be laid off....they did last year, laid me off...2 weeks before Christmas...I was devestated over it last year, but this year..I dont' think it would be so bad....I could use the break, use the rest from this place.

The hubby has been working a lot of overtime as well and has totally worn himself down...he gets short tempered and mean with me and the kids...and its only because of being over worked, stressed himself and he never gets enough sleep......that in itsef is a recipe for disaster....now, to top it off, he has the flu and has felt horrible the last couple of days....between the two of us, I swear we are falling apart...this getting older shit sucks!

For instance, I have totally not felt like working out the past month..I mean, I have...I have forced myself too, but my energy level is low and the desire to do so is just gone...poof! This week, I have worked out one time! Last night for an hour....since the Hubby is sick, I am not going tonight, so that I can take over kid and dinner duties...probably a good idea anyway, with this chest pain stuff I have going on. I just wish it would go away...I dont' like when things are out of sync with me...

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday though....I am ready to relax this weekend, finish reading this book I have been trying to get through for two months..as I want to go buy The Help and read it....I have heard it is really good and I am anxious to find out if it measures up to the hype...I also want to finish a show I have been watching on Netflix...Breaking Bad....if you haven't seen this series check it out...it is full of drama about the drug world....the drug cartel and a high school chemistry teacher named Walt, that finds out he has lung cancer and decides to cook meth to make money for his family before he dies....and he has a brother in law that is a DEA agent and he seriously gets in over his head...good stuff!

So, there you have it...the goings on in the life of Dixie....boring, huh? If I dont' post again for awhile, I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday/Holidays and count your blessings!

2 comments:

i beati said...

I'm with you on that friday girl so ready sandy

The Blue Orchid of Texas said...

Hey DC, I was really glad to see your post. I think you are under major long term stress and I hope you get to work out again soon. You have your running and I have my whiskey, right? I hope that you get a break soon as I know the pressure of these oh-so-joyful holidays. I have to survive repeated contact with my in-laws whom I despise even more than my wife. Can I recommend something? Keep writing and when you start to feel crazy then write more. It's what keeps me from going completely nuts. Enjoy the weekend. David