Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring is in the air....



And that totally puts a spring in my step....I have been so down in the dumps with winter...I am looking forward to Spring and Summer...we are planning a trip to Florida in June and it is so needed. The hubby and I are counting the days.

I know it has been a month since I last posted..but no news is good news and I have really not had anything to blog about. Everyone is doing good, with the exception of a recent death in the family. My husbands Grandmother passed away last Friday night...kind of unexpected but imminent...she was 97 years old and had lived a long and happy life. Regardless, it was still upsetting for everyone and the funeral yesterday was difficult...I know she is in a better place..and I only hope that when my time is up, that I too can live that long of a life and my children, family and friends will be as proud of me as we all were of Grandma Pete....

As it stands, at 41 years old....I feel less and less energetic then I did even 1 year ago....Working out as become such a chore to me...I got so lazy over the winter and getting back into the swing of things with healthy eating and exercise is really hard...I have gained 7 lbs and for the life of me, I just can't get rid of it...I try, then I over indulge in food and wine and the scale creeps back up..then I will drop a few and then it creeps back up again! It is so exasperating! Currently I am 115 lbs, 5 ft 2....and a 7 lb gain is very noticeable....So, I am going to hire a trainer at my gym...try to incorporate some new workouts for me, new diet plan...I think I have just reached a plateau and just running is not doing it anymore...I need to mix it up a little....

In other news....I have totally gotten hooked on The Hunger Games series...I read the first 2 books in 2 days each...and currently reading the 3rd...OMG...they are awesome and I can't wait to see the movie on March 23rd....Have any of you read the books? If not, you don't know what you are missing...I am also caught up with American Idol this year..there seems to be a lot of really good contenders this season, but it is way too early to tell who the front runners are going to be....

On the work-front...things have improved for me somewhat..."Mr. Burns" quit, kind of left me holding the bag, doing his job and my own right now...of course, no more pay for it....but, what can I expect...the good thing about it is my nerves are calmer then they have been in five years, no more stomach upsets or pain, so I know it was because of him and the stress I had to endure working with him...outside of the office, I had no problems with him, but he was a very difficult person to work with. Now, I still have stress, just a "better" kind, if there is such a thing..just from too much work and not enough time to get it all done. But..you can't have it all..if I could, I would be a stay at home Mom and Wife, working out during the day, keeping a much cleaner house, and cooking awesome meals for my family..ahhhhh, that would be the life....

Have a good rest of the week everyone and here is counting down the days until the weekend.....I am spending it sans kids, cleaning out our basement and working in the yard....let these 67 degree days continue.....Whoot! Whoot!

1 comment:

The Blue Orchid of Texas said...

Nice to hear from you darlin. Enjoy the week and thanks for the update!