Monday, August 13, 2012

Well..it has been awhile hasn't it?

I can't believe that it has been well over two months since I last posted on this here old blog...what a busy Summer we have had. Tomorrow, the boys start back to school....Max is heading into third grade and Aaron is heading off to Junior High....class changes, lockers and an entire new world for him. Justin, the 18 year old is starting his Freshman year of college as well....Damn, am I getting old. I feel it too....these pre-menopause hormones are wreaking havoc and throw in work stress...well, some things never change I guess.
I really hope the boys had a good Summer...I think that they did....we went to Florida the second week of June and a fun time was had by all..except for the drive...man oh man, that was tough. We drove home, straight from Florida to Indiana without stopping...18 1/2 hours by car and by the end of that trip, I was so ready to lose it....I will never do that again. That is way too long to be in a car driving...I was crying in misery by the time we finally got home.
The rest of our Summer was spent with me and the hubby working and the kids splitting up their time..Max with Keith's parents at their lake property and Aaron with his Dad in Terre Haute. My older two boys visits were limited, as they are working full time and have their friends and social life...so seeing Mom, well, that is not too much of a priority. I did have one good visit with them over the Summer and hopefully another by Labor Day....
I am currently training for my 2nd half marathon...the Purdue inaugural half marathon...I am very excited for the chance to do this, as my 18 year old is training to run it with me. Should be an exciting and fun time to be able to share such an experience with my son. I am still working out 5-6 days a week....and every day fighting to lose this 5 plus pounds I have gained since the Spring..I just don't get it....to work out as much as I do, not really eating any differently and still gain weight....pisses me off! Not sure if it is a health issue, or just getting older....hard on us women! Sucks....anyway, hope all of you, that still read my blog, if any..well, hope you had a great Summer as well...we have a few weeks left, then it's time for Fall...pumpkins, Halloween, football, campfires and Thanksgiving..then on to Christmas! Well, that is if we make it through 12/21 without nationwide death and destruction...lol...who believes that is going to happen? I really don't..but, in the back of my mind..there is just a tad of "could it be".......I pray the Mayans are wrong...I'm not ready for this to end. I hope to have at least another 40 plus years...Lord willing.

1 comment:

i beati said...

how's it going ??