Thursday, October 25, 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN.....




Thirteen all time favorite movies of mine......these are movies I can watch over and over and never tire of...also, favorite Quotes from said movie......

1). Pretty Woman













Edward Lewis ( Richard Gere ):"You can't charge me for directions."Vivian Ward ( Julia Roberts ):"I can do anything I want, baby. I ain't lost."






2.) Steel Magnolias








Shelby: Truvy, you know what you need in here? You need a radio, takes the pressure off of everyone feeling they have to talk so much. Truvy: I had one once, but I threw it up against the wall when I couldn't figure out where the batteries went. I know now I was suffering from pre-menstrual syndrome.





3.) Ghost






Oda Mae Brown: He's stuck, that's what it is. He's in between worlds. You know it happens sometimes that the spirit gets yanked out so fast that the essence still feels it has work to do here.
Sam Wheat: Would you stop rambling?
Oda Mae Brown: I don't think I'm rambling, I'm just answering the question. He's got a' attitude now.
Sam Wheat: I don't have an attitude.
Oda Mae Brown: Yes, you do have an attitude. If you didn't have an attitude, you would not have raised your voice at me now would you?




4.) Roadhouse



Red Webster: How long are you gonna be in town?
Dalton: Not very long.
Red Webster: That's what I said 25 years ago.
Dalton: Really? What happened?
Red Webster: I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you. She left me, though. Found somebody even uglier than she was. That's life. Who can explain it?



5.) Dirty Dancing




Johnny: Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

Johnny: I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer; somebody who's taught me that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them; somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I wanna be.



6.) Top Gun



Maverick: I feel the need...
Maverick, Goose: ...the need for speed!












7.) An Officer and a Gentleman


Worley: Lynette, marry me. Make me the happiest man in the whole world.
Lynette: I'm sorry, Sid, but I don't wanna marry you. I really like you. We've had ourselves some really great times, but I thought you understood. I want to marry a pilot. I want to live my life overseas. The wife of an aviator.







8.) Forrest Gump




Forrest Gump: Will you marry me?
[Jenny turns and looks at him]
Forrest Gump: I'd make a good husband, Jenny.
Jenny Curran: You would, Forrest.
Forrest Gump: ...But you won't marry me.
Jenny Curran: [sadly] ... You don't wanna marry me.
Forrest Gump: Why don't you love me, Jenny?
[Jenny says nothing]
Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is.

9.) The Green Mile


Paul Edgecomb: Your name is John Coffey?
John Coffey: Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same.
Paul Edgecomb: Oh, you can spell can you?
John Coffey: Just my name boss. J-O...

Bill Dodge: I think this boy's cheese has done slid off his cracker.





10.) Apollo 13




Marilyn Lovell: Naturally, it's 13. Why 13?
Jim Lovell: It comes after 12, hon.

Marilyn Lovell: Blanche, Blanche, these nice young men are going to watch the television with you. This is Neil Armstrong, and this is Buzz... Aldrin.
Neil Armstrong: Hi.
Blanche Lovell: Are you boys in the space program too?


11.) Bad Santa


Kid: Your beard's not real.
Willie: No Shit!It was real, but I got sick and all the hair fell out.
Kid: How come?
Willie: I loved a woman who wasn't clean.
Kid: Mrs. Santa?
Willie: No it was her sister.


(Warning...following quote is graphic)
Kid: Why do you need a car?
Willie: What the fuck are you talking about?
Kid: This car.
Willie: Which turn is it?
Kid: Sage Terrace. Where's your sleigh?
Willie: It's in the shop, getting repaired.
Kid: Where are the reindeer?
Willie: I stabled them. Is it left or right?
Kid: That way. Where's the stable?
Willie: Next to the shop.
Kid: How do they sleep?
Willie: Who? The reindeer? Standing up.
Kid: But the noise. How do they sleep?
Willie: What noise?
Kid: From the shop.
Willie: They only work during the day, all right?
Kid: I thought it was always night at the North Pole.
Willie: Well, not now. Right now it's always day.
Kid: Then how do they sleep?
Willie: Oh, shit. Sage Terrace. What is it with you, anyway? Somebody drop you on your fucking head?
Kid: On *my* head?
Willie: Well, yeah. What, are they gonna drop you on somebody else's head?
Kid: How can they drop me onto my own head?
Willie: No, not *onto* your... Would... God damn it! Are you fucking with me?

12.) Vacation





Ellen: I honestly don't think we're going to find the Grand Canyon on this road.
Clark: Jesus, it's only the biggest God-damn hole in the world.
Aunt Edna: Clark, watch your language!
Clark: Make that the second biggest.

Clark Griswold: I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! Ahh. ha. ha. ha. I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!

13.) Christmas Vacation



Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Clark: Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love Steel Magnolia's. It makes me cry every time I watch it, though.

Dirty Dancing is one of my faves too.

Anonymous said...

An interesting list. I REALLY like Patrick Swayze. Ghost is one of my all time favorites.

I like Tom Hanks too. I especially enjoyed him in Big and Cast Away.

Sorry. Tom Cruse has REALLY turned me off. I won't watch any of his movies any more -- just on principle.

My favorite Chevy Chase movie is the one from a long time ago with Goldie Hawn -- Foul Play. (That's when I found out who Dudley Moore was -- he was a hoot!)

Speaking of Dudley, I LOVE Arthur.

Nothing's more fun than a "movie night." Of course, Hubby, would always choose an obscure western starring John Wayne, but I can talk him into some of this other stuff once in a while too.

Interesting list. Lots of choices I would have made too.

Cynthia said...

Steel Magnolia's great...Husband loves Bad Santa.

Anonymous said...

I love Bad Santa. I saw it at the movie theater and some people actually walked out. What did they expect with Billy Bob and the title Bad Santa?

The Egel Nest said...

Vegas vacation is my favorite in the series...

I have a dozen quotes from that movie that slay me :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

DIXIECHICK said...

Kim...Steel Magnolias is a wonderful movie...at the funeral, I am bawling..big sloppy wet tears...it tears me up..yet, every time it comes on television..I am glued to the set....knowing I am going to cry my eyes out at the end.

Sandra..as you can see, Pactrick Swayze is one of my favorite actors...he hasn't been in a movie in a long time...I think the last one I seen of him, he was in a movie where he was some kind of dance instructor..it wasn't good. The only one I have seen of him where it wasn't. Tom Hanks is another favorite, Forrest Gump did it for me...I don't think there is one of his movies I have not seen and not enjoyed. I agree with you on Tom Cruise..the old Tom was great, this new one? Not so much...I too don't care for him now.
I never seen Foul Play...I will have to check that one out.

Nap...glad you are a Steel Magnolias fan too...tell your husband that he has good movie taste...Bad Santa was awesome..I must own it on dvd..I know it has a lot of foul language, but it is so funny...I have seen it at least a half dozen times...I still laugh so hard I cry and almost wet myself...HILARIOUS!

Slacker Mommy...I can't believe People walked out of the theater..it was rated R..I agree with you...what did they expect? It wasn't going to be a "clean"..charlie brown kind of
Christmas movie....Love...Love....Love it!

Bradley....National Lampoon movies are all a riot...anything with Chevy Chase is sure to get a laugh..isn't it amazing how many of the "old" Saturday night live crew made it bigtime in the movies?