Monday, October 15, 2007

The weekend went by in a blur....

Wow, Monday again. It seems like the weekends just fly by..why is that? The work week tends to go by so slowly, once the weekend gets here, it is over in a flash...at least mine was. Working Saturday probably had something to do with that. It wasn't too bad, having to work though. I did get a lot accomplished. Finally made a dent in the renewal contracts. The stack went from 8 inches thick to about 5 inches thick...so, hopefully by the end of the week..I will have them all done.
So..what did everyone else do this weekend? I really wanted to go to the Covered Bridge Festival, Parke County....check out the link...http://www.parkecounty.com

...if you like festivals/flea markets/fair type food...you live in the area..it goes on throughout this week...ending this Sunday.


...but that didn't happen...Maybe next weekend I can do that.
Friday night, the hubster, Aaron and I met my mother-in-law about 30 miles away, to drop Max off for the weekend. Since Aaron's dad was unable to get him, he was with us for the weekend...usually, Max goes to Grandmas every other weekend, when Aaron goes to his Dad's, Tim and Justin are with their Dad; then hubster and I have our Saturday night "date night"...but since I had to work Saturday, Hubster had to work overtime all weekend, Aaron being with us this weekend was a good thing. It gave me the oppurtunity to spend some "one on one" time with him, which...when you have four kids...doesn't happen a lot. After dropping Max off, we took Aaron to pick out his Halloween costume, then went to Applebee's for dinner. Seems like that is our Friday night tradition, going to Applebee's...we had about a thirty minute wait, but it was worth it...the food is always good...not once have we had a bad meal there.
After dinner, we picked up a couple of movies, then came home. Hubster went to work, Aaron and I watched one of the movies....Fantastic Four...The Rise of the Silver Surfer...I am not one for Super Hero movies...overall, it wasn't too bad.
Like I said, Saturday I worked for half of a day, then went and got my bi-weekly manicure/pedicure.....then, I went home, picked up Aaron, so hubster could sleep...we went to the movies, to see Game Plan....




what a cute movie...."The Rock" was in fine form, so for all the Mom's out there, that alone made watching the movie worthwhile...all I can say is MMMmmmm....Lol...after the movies, we went to Target....I love me some Target. I could spend hours in that store...but, unfortunately...my check book doesn't love Target. I didn't do too bad though. Usually, going to Target, just like going to Hell-Mart...you can't get out of there for less than a $100...but, I did..Yippee! For once, the hubster didn't get upset....Nah, usually he doesn't care what I spend...He does our budget, after bills and groceries, he tell's me what I have left for the week...as he puts it..once it's gone, it's gone...end of story.
We picked up take out for dinner...Fazoli's..yum...then Aaron wanted to play in his room..hubby and I had some "alone time"...Hmmppphhh Hmmmmmm.....moving on.
Hubby went to work...put Aaron to bed and I went to bed rather early for a Sat. night.
Sunday morning, we went out for Breakfast again...we should have stayed home, I should have cooked. I am sure all of you out there are wondering, does this chick ever cook...they sure eat out a lot. Actually, we only eat out on the weekend. Our weeks are so busy, I cook every night during the week, that the hubster insists I take the weekend off from cooking. During the week, we make it a point that I cook, we all sit down together as a family, talk about our day, have our dinner together. Hubster is a big help to me...he does all the laundry in our house, when I cook, he does the clean up, while I do the nightly straigtening of the house, prep for the next day, help with homework, baths, etc. So, as I said, weekends at our house, we don't cook.
Anyway, breakfast Sunday, totally was not worth leaving the house for, not counting the prep time it took to get ready to go out. Then, our weekly grocery shopping was done, home to relax for the afternoon. Hubster went to his Mom's to pick up Max, I did a little housework, then Aaron and I relaxed, watched t.v...it was a nice break, one I sorely needed.
Ok...now that I have totally bored you with my "fun filled" weekend, let's move on to discussion of Sunday evening television...specifically..this show....




The season started off kind of slow, but it is beginning to come around a little.
Last night's show wasn't too bad....Mystery surrounds the Mayfairs...what is Kathryn hiding from Dillon?....Why is she so jealous of her husband? Susan held a charade's party, of which the Mayfairs attended...ending with Lynette showing up stoned, thanks to her mother's marajuana brownies (very funny) and Kathryn and Gabrielle arguing over Kathryn's husband...Gabrielle spilled a drink on him, Kathryn accused of her of trying to "breastfeed" him, when Gabrille tried to clean up the mess....The drama with Carlos/Edie/Gabrielle/Victor...starting to heat up...Do you thing Carlos is really going to have Edie killed? Will Victor find out about Carlos/Gabby's affair, will he off Carlos?...Mmmmmm...starting to get interesting. Also, there was a funny moment with Susan/Bree....Susan wanted the number of Bree's obstetrician, since she did not have one (fake pregnancy doesn't really need one)...she succumbed to Susan's pressure, chose a random number out of the yellow pages...ended up being just one step above a crack house....that was priceless. Lol...next week, I hear Bree's fake pregnancy is found out by someone...about time things heated up with that scenario. I think it's going to get better....what about you?
Finally, tonight....8 p.m....


Who is going to tear it up on the dance floor tonight? I'm watching...are you?

Dixiechick...out!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the recap on DH...I missed it last night. Can't wait for DWS!!!

DIXIECHICK said...

We have a scout meeting tonight..hope I get everything done tonight, so I can watch without interruptions...

Anonymous said...

We saw Game Plan this weekend too! What a pleasant surprise -- a really clean movie, that was still entertaining. We will have DD's three daughters next weekend, and plan to take them to see it.

Looking forward to DWS tonight and, of course, your review tomorrow.

Steph said...

Your weekend sounds chilled and just perfect to me. :)

The Egel Nest said...

I actually watched a couple of dancers tonight...to make my mom happy mostly...I saw spice girl and Osmond and Garth :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

Both the work week and weekend goes by fast for me. I'm swamped during the week so it ends up spilling into the weekend. Wife is not too happy about that. My bad.