Monday, October 29, 2007

WHERE DID I GO WRONG?



You know that feeling you get, when you are a fairly new blogger, you are cruising through blogs you read and you find that your name/your blog has been added to someone elses blog roll....you are a very happy and estatic...then you add them to your blogroll, etc..etc..
It's a great feeling....until......
You check in on that persons blog, you find your name removed...what is up, you wonder? What did I do to make that person not like me or want to read me anymore??

I have had that happen to me twice...in the two months I have been blogging. It upsets me..a lot. Why? I don't know..maybe it is kind of like when you are in school, you want to fit in...you want people to like you, etc....I hate that feeling.

I have been bothered about this all morning...I know it is petty, silly....but now I have a complex...I know not everyone is going to find me interesting..maybe I used too many curse words, maybe they got bored...heck, I don't know. How many of you has this happened too and how did you deal with it? Did you remove them..kind of like, well..if they don't like me, don't want to read my blog, then I am not going to link theirs or read theirs..childish isn't it...maybe blogging isn't for me after all..then again...why should I care what other's think? I have a few faithful readers...don't think I will lose their interests...at least I hope not..If I just get one or two comments a day, I am happy..but to lose a reader...it saddens me...it needles me, it makes me teary-eyed...Where did I go wrong?

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh man, I feel for ya. I am not good at the blog roll. I never update it. You should be on mine, you're not just because I need to update it (I will, I promise). I need to take a couple off my blog roll (they don't update their blogs anymore)...it took me so long to add B. Egel. I haven't helped...sorry, let's watch DWtheS 'kay!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Well that sux!!!

Speaking of, I need to add some dixie to my blogroll. I've been really busy with bullshit lately, I mean work.

I will update tonight!

Lori said...

That sucks! The only time I take people off of my blogroll is if they don't update for awhile. BTW, I actually did a whole post about your and someone else that added me to their blogrolls without me even knowing. Thanks so much! (And I'll be adding you to mine, I'm bad about updating.)

The Egel Nest said...

I totally understand how you feel...there are people who i have been visiting for over a year and have not added me...and then I of course remove people who don't regularly update as well...but it isn't personal...mostly it is because people have a finite amount of time and energy...fear not...we love your blog and my MOM LOVES your dancing with the stars blogs!

Smile friend :)

The nest loves you :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

The Egel Nest said...

I came back again just to wish you well :)

Oh...and I am removing you from my blogroll...

(just kidding)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are just too cool. If I had a blogroll, I would add you. I don't have one because I feel bad about not listing everyone.

DIXIECHICK said...

Thanks everyone....you made me feel so much better...No way I will quit blogging over something so trivial...I realize now it really is. My husband pointed out some of the same points you guys made...so, I will continue to blog and wow with you with my coolness....just like Daddy Forever said...With blog friends like you guys...I am blessed...
Bradley..you are too funny! You made me laugh out loud with your last comment...assure your Mom that I will continue with my Dancing with the Stars post.....it will be coming this afternoon. I did not get to watch all of it last night...so, I must catch up at lunch time.
NapWarden...Julie and Lori...you girls rock too! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and make little ole' me feel better.
All of you are great....I read you every day....I will always leave a comment from here on out...It's great to have blog friends like you!

Cynthia said...

Just so you know Dixie, I am going to start commenting more as well!

A Novelist said...

I know what you mean...I get the exact same way and it bothers me. Just so you know, you're on my bloglist and that is where you will stay! ;)

DIXIECHICK said...

Nap and novelist..I lurve, lurve, lurve you guys...you are awesome!
Dixie