Monday, October 22, 2007

WHEW! HAVE I BEEN BUSY...THIS MONDAY IS KICKING MY BUTT! CAN I HAVE A WEEKEND DO-OVER???



I am still all wrapped up with this renewal process here at work...I feel like the end is never going to get here. I have made a ton of progress, it is just too much for one person to get done in a short span of time...guess I shouldn't be complaining...job security right? Umm...yeah, well...doesn't mean I have to like it!

Moving on....hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine started out good. I was able to visit with 13 year old, picked him up Friday evening, picked up dinner, came home watched t.v...we all were tired, so we went to bed rather early for a friday night...um...to me, 11 p.m. is not really early..but for the kids...I got a lot of "But Mom.....(whine...whine..whine...)it's Friday night...you said we could stay up later"...well, tough...to bed they went.

Saturday, I cooked a big breakfast...bacon/eggs/pancakes and cinnamon rolls....Max (3 year old) helped me make the cinnamon rolls..I had some really cute pictures to post of him helping me...but, they were on the camera that the "crack head" stole out of my car Sunday...so, no pictures to post. After breakfast, we had the "joy" of taking three kids to buy a new computer....I know I have mentioned before we had a 10 year old piece of junk computer, that was on it's last leg...well, that leg was amputated Saturday morning....we are talking...dead/never to be revived again. So, we knew we couldn't wait until tax refund time...we had to whip out the old discover card, make a purchase. I am enjoying the new computer, but I dread the Discover card bill...I really wanted to be able to pay cash for it...but we will just pay it off when the tax refund check does get here.

Moving on...Saturday evening was spent arguing with the hubster over set up of newly purchased computer. Lot's of confusion over that, let me tell ya...Hubster thinks he knows it all...there is nothing his "superior intelligence" can't comprehend..yet, I was the one that finally got the internet connection to working on the computer..Um, yeah...who's superior now? Anyway, there were harsh words exchanged..I'm better than you at this, thrown back and forth..maybe even a couple of nah na nah na boo boos said...since, we have kissed and made up...now, we have a great computer that I can blog from home from...if I can keep the kids and Hubster off of it long enough for me to do so.

Sunday was spent at HellMart and a birthday party...at Monster Golf...check it out...it was really cool, the kids had a blast. Me? I endured...I was still pissed about my camera!





After Monster Golf/cake/party time...I had to drive Justin back to meet his Dad; he had a football game to play in that evening...
I came back home, picked up the hubster and the little ones, we went back to Best Buy, to purchase yet more "crap" for the new computer. It didn't come with speakers...since it was ten years ago that we bought our last one...we thought it would have them..nope...of course not...we thought we were out..but they lured us back in~lol...wasn't that a line from some movie? Maybe it was the Soprano's...I don't know...

Anyway, a quick drive thru dinner and home to put the kids to bed...
Whew! I am exhausted remembering the exhaustion of my weekend.
Finally at 9 p.m...I was able to escape for a little while to the loveliness of Wisteria Lane....


Who watched last night? What did you think? I thought it was rather good...gave you a lot to think about actually...what with Bob and Lee, the new gay neighbors moving in...Susan once again making an idiot of herself...she manages not only to piss them off, but Mike as well...a $2000 suit...seriously?
The Bree situation is getting crazy...I'm loving that! The whole scooter thing, ex mother-in-law drama, Danielle leaving the convent without Bree knowing...uh oh...I think things are starting to heat up with this plot..
The funniest part of the show was undoubtedly the Carlos/Edie/Victor/Gabrielle STD scenario...absolutely hilarious. I loved how Gabby tried to unknowingly treat Victor for Crabs...seriously, if you are going to have an STD thrown into the plot...picking crabs was funny! I could not stop laughing over Gabby's naughty nurse routine. Especially when she pulled out the lice comb and Victor goes, "What the hell is that"? Too funny! Good to see Lynette stop and see Tom's point of view in regards to her cancer...I must say though, Gabby and Lynette were both totally rocking the new red wig. I do have a question hopefully someone can answer for me, did Felicity Huffman really shave her head for this story line? I tried to google it..just couldn't find a straight answer. The mystery of Katherine and her family is heating up too...I'm actually looking forward to next week.

Final thought for day...remember to tune in tonight...8 p.m...

Who is going to tear it up tonight? I'll be watching..won't you join me?

Dixiechick...out!

8 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

I actually saw a few of the dancers tonight...

Just came by to say hi though :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

DIXIECHICK said...

Hi, Bradley...I unfortunately had a terrible night here at home, chaos reigned supreme..I only saw the first two dances...so, I will catch up on abc.com on my lunch break at work...then I will do my recap post...Thanks for stopping by.
Dixie

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Sounds like you had one heck of a weekend Chickie. I just noticed where you live at. I have been there so many times I can't count it on my hands. Matter of fact. I have a question for you, but I can't ask it on here. How may I contact you through email??

Thanks.

AKA Adventures In Waitressing

DIXIECHICK said...

Hey, Drama Queen...you can email me at hatkedonna@gmail.com...look forward to chatting with you. I will be up for a while..can't sleep.

Dixie

Anonymous said...

I need a new computer too. My is about seven years old and slow. I'm hoping to snag one over the holidays.

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Ugh...I hate Mondays too, obviously.

Doncha hate all this computer technology crap. It seems every year, the husband tells me, "Uh we need a new computer....what kinda of crap is that!!!

I'm sorry about your camera. That totally sucks. Unfortunately it happens alot here in California. Good thing for me though, it's job security, as I'm in the law enforcement biz...

Anonymous said...

I heard Marie Osmond fainted on DWTS! Then I saw the video on Yahoo. At 48, can she get any cuter?

The thoughts of your Saturday breakfast have my tummy rumbling as everything sounded sooooooooo good!

DIXIECHICK said...

Daddy forever...we just bought a very cheap compaz presario...nothing fancy...hopefully we can upgrade in a year or two, give this one to the kids...

Julie...yeah, it seems like everything electronic needs to be upgraded every couple of years. Things just don't last as long as they used to..as far as my camera goes...I didn't file a police report...wouldn't do me any good anyway...my deductible is $500, the camera, when new was $200..now, it was probably only worth $25 or so...but, the thing that upsets me more than the camera...is the pictures that were on there that were stolen with the camera.

DariDonovan...I agree...I love Marie...scared me to death when she fainted. I thought she had a heart attack or something. I was expecting the worst..glad to know she is ok..
Yes..my Saturday morning breakfast was good...at least everyone told me so...by the time I cooked and served...I wasn't hungry. I did eat a cinnamon roll and several cups of coffee though.

Take care everyone...thanks for stopping by and visiting little ole me!