Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hello, Everyone!!!


I hope you all had a safe, fun...yet "scary" Halloween....We sure did~Man, I really enjoy my kids....they had so much fun last night, got so much loot...I am sure it really created some great memories for them to reflect back on. I couldn't help but get a little nostalgic myself...Last night was so busy..what with not getting off of work and on the way home until after 5 p.m...it was a rush to get costume's on, take pictures(thanks to work for loaning me the office camera-still haven't bought one yet) and get out the door....yet, as I was painting on mustaches, adjusting masks and gloves...I felt nostalgic for my childhood..remembering the fun my "little" brother and I used to have trick-or-treating...how no matter how little money Mom had..she always made sure we had some sort of costume....whether she bought us one from the Dollar store or Revco...or helped us pick things out of Dad's closet to make us into hobos or whatever we could put together...my favorite costume though was the time she came home with a box...remember the costumes in a box?...that she had picked up from the drugstore...I think I was in first or second grade..inside that box was Raggedy Ann costume....the one with the plastic dress that went over your clothes and the plastic mask with the rubberband string thing to hold it onto your head....it had the little slit in the mouth for you to breathe..remember those? It looked just like this....






Anyway, has I was dressing the kids, we were talking about Halloween when I was a kid, my favorite costumes, the fact that Mom gave us a flash light and would let us Trick-or-treat around the block by ourselves...my, how times have changed...you can't do that now.
After costumes were on, it was pushing 6 p.m....I was already getting trick or treaters at our door, so I placed our candy bowl outside on the porch, in front of the steps....on the honor system..so that kids could help themselves...I had my own little trickters to take out treating....
Here is Max..with his crooked little mustache as Captain Jack Sparrow, from Pirates of the Carribean..














Here is Aaron....as the scary guy from the movie "Scream"...I know...that movie was a while back..but Aaron loved the ghoulishness of the costume..nothing I could say would convince him to be anything else...so Scream he was...








If you look at his close up...you can see he chose to go with the bloody scarier mask....it had red food color/dye running through it...he loved the goriness of it..












So...after pictures...we finally got into the car to leave....we don't trick or treat in our neighborhood....we live out on a county road in the country...so there are not a lot of houses for the kids to trick or treat at...so, around 6:15....we finally headed out....here are the boys, in the car, antsy to get started...

We visited some friends/co-workers neighboorhoods and trick or treated there for about an hour...they had so much fun...although, I was getting a little bit exasperated with Max...he would forget to say Trick or Treat..just reach into the bowls for candy...although, he always remembered to say thank you... but after an hour, it was getting colder/starting to drizzle rain a little...we decided to call it a night...we went for pizza....finally got home around 9 p.m..little late for a school night...but there was no way Max was going into the bath/bed without going through all of his loot..


Finally, by 9:30, both kids were in bed...hubby was napping before going to work for the evening..so, I had my own little treat...a glass of Merlot...and a couple of pieces of Halloween candy...I watched the end of Halloween H2O...then went to bed.
All in all...exhausting but fun, fun evening....

How was your Halloween?
Dixiechick...out!

5 comments:

ENFORCER said...

Those pics are priceless and the one of Max going through his loot so reminds me of what I used to do after trick or treating. I would categorize my treats into groups.

I soo remember those beautifully cheesy costumes in a box getups too. I remember being Superman one year and if memory serves well I was the Lone Ranger another year.

DIXIECHICK said...

Enforcer..too funny. I would do the same thing, seperating the really "nice" candy (chocolates, good candy bars) from the suckers and lame crap..like maryjanes, generic chocolates...trading with my younger brother, etc..

Weren't those costumes "awesome"...hee hee....costumes have come a long way since I was a kid!
Dixie

A Novelist said...

Your little ones are too, too cute! I love the costumes! ;)

Glad you had a fun evening!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. My parents were not into Halloween when I was a kid, which was why I wore a grocery bag on my head the first time I went trick or treating.

DIXIECHICK said...

Thanks, novelist...we did have fun...now I just got to get all of that Halloween candy out of the house....it is constantly calling my name, I don't want to gain 5 lbs over it..I am saving that for Thanksgiving/Christmas..lol..

Daddy forever...you are too funny. A paper bag? Seriously? Hardy har har....too funny!