Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I AM SO TIRED...

I am just now sitting down to watch Dancing with the stars.....Avril Lavigne is singing...you know what...I just don't dig her.....to me, it is not music...just a lot of shouting, no harmony...maybe it's just the song...or maybe, I am just getting old...I sure feel old.
I am only 37, but sometimes....I feel soooooo much older. This working Mom thing is hard....but, like I have said before..my life may be hectic...but...it's my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything....

Not only did I work from 8-5 today..I went grocery shopping....Payless, our grocery, was packed....it took me 45 minutes to get what I needed, get checked out.... and another 20 minutes to get home...as I was bringing in the groceries, one of the stupid bags broke, because the pin heads that bag the groceries, think it is just a.o.k to put lots of glass jars in one flimsy plastic bag...the bag broke, the spaghetti sauce I was going to use for dinner, broke...shattered over the steps at my back door... and all over my kitchen floor, down my slacks, all inside of my heels....
talk about ticked off! See...I was planning on using that jar of spaghetti sauce to make our dinner...fortunately, my neighbor had a spare jar....

So, I unloaded the car, all $100 worth of groceries, put them away...kids were going wild..hubster did help me clean up the broken glass from the broken jar...and the sauce mess....anyway...even with all the chaos that is my house and family in the evening...I still managed to put this awesome meal on the table..

Feast your eyes....MMMmmmmm Chicken Parmesan....and....it was awesome!


After dinner, I had to clean up, run the sweeper and make sure eight year old had gotten his bath....then I baked this....

It has to stay refrigerated for two to three days, to help lock in the flavor...I made it for Thanksgiving...I have stressed to everyone to keep their hands and fingers out of it...

Finally, everything is done...the kids are in bed..and I sit here at the computer...glass of wine in hand...

This is a typical day in my life....now,let's live blog...Dancing with the Stars...Just watched Marie and Jonathan be voted safe....Unbelievable...but, I told you guys....she would stay, just because of her fan base...I can't believe it is because of her dancing....don't get me wrong...she is good...just not as good as the rest of them that are left.

If I had to bet, Jennie will be going home...if and I say If....they send Helio home...I AM DONE!! I will not watch anymore...but surely they won't do that....

Wow, that Dude from Lord of the Dance is awesome...their performance was just mind blowing....loved it! Lots of sexy, good looking men in uniform.....men that dance and dance well...I love men that can dance...unfortuanately...hubster can't....he takes me out dancing, but he lets me dance with others....because he just is not a dancer and he knows how much I love it.

Now..Avril is singing again....I kind of like this song..better than her first one.
Sabrina Bryan and Mark are back...giving us a wonderful dance...she is so great.....she should still be in this competition...Wow..girl has got some moves!
Even has a kid...I don't think I could ever flip or split or move like that...holy cow'...they do make a handsome couple.

Now...they are listening to the stars talk about who deserves to be in the finals, who doesn't....Jennie and Helio are the most improved...for sure. Derek Hough could not have said it better..the definition of Dancing with the Stars is making a non dancer into a dancing star....not someone that has it in their background like Marie and Mel B....

Marie just said she sees the finish line...you know, she may be right....at this point, who the heck knows.....

Ok....the second couple dancing in next weeks finals is...Mel and Max...go figure! I mean, she is a good dancer, but no better than the others....what is keeping her in ahead of everyone else...personally, I can't stand her....I just don't like how she carries herself, talks, acts, everything...

Ok...it's down to Helio and Jennie....dum..dum..dumm.......Jennie is going home! Wow...did I call it or what....it's tough to see any of them go home I guess....they are all good dancers....

So....who is going to win that coveted trophy???? At this point...your guess is as good as mine.

Ok..now that I can breathe....I am going to bed....Have a good night my friends....

Dixiechick...out~

8 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

I watched the vote off show too...Helio should win...if not...the show is a bit unfair...he is the only non-dancer left who has become a terrific dancer...

I feelio that Helio will win-io! :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

So sorry your grocery bag broke. The food looks yummy. You must be a good cook.

Vegemite Wife said...

Fabulous looking cake!! What's in the middle of it?
Is that Mel B (AKA Scary Spice) still in?? That's just sooo wrong.
Suze x
PS Love your blog - found it through a mutual blogger.

dirk.mancuso said...

I thought Jennie was a much superior dancer to the often clunky Marie and was pulling for her to make it to the final 3. But in my heart I knew that with a bazillion Osmond fingers dialing, Marie wasn't going anywhere.

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Did you see the ad for that DWTS spinoff show or whatever it is? I don't get what that is - will you be watching it in January? I gotta believe American Idol should be starting around that time too - at least that show I'll be watching so I can play along.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

DIXIECHICK said...

Bradley...I could not agree with you more....you almost made me spew my coffee with your last comment..."I feelio that Helio should win-io"....lol...too funny!

Daddy-O...yeah, it was a real mess, but I am the biggest clutz there is, I am always having stuff like that happen to me....just last night, it was "one more thing" I didn't need...yeah, I don't mean to brag, but I am a very good cook....I am a southern girl, southern cook through and through....started learning when I was eight years old, by ten/eleven..I was cooking the meals at my house, because my Mom worked in the evenings.

Hey, Suze...thanks so much for stopping by my little ol'blog...I hope you come back...I will check yours out too...the cake is a yellow cake, split into four layers, inside the layers, you have a mixture of cocunut, sugar, sour cream....1 cup of that mixture is mixed with more coconut and cool whip for the frosting.
It is so good...I will post the recipe for it. Thanks again for stopping by.

Dirk...yeah, I totally agree with you. Who knows, Marie could win...at this point, anything goes.
I did hate to see Jennie go home last night.

Hey, Monk..yeah, I had heard about the spin off a couple weeks ago..I can't think of the name of it either, but it has to do with Carrie Ann and Bruno, the two judges from DWTS...If it is on at the same time as American Idol, then no, I will not be watching it...I have to have me my idol...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Sweet! Good to hear you're an Idol devotee. I'll be there with ya!

DIXIECHICK said...

Monk...we will have to blog about it together...I just love Simon Cowell and his bad boy attitude...can't wait until the new season!