Monday, November 19, 2007

RECIPES


Here is my recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp chili powder (I used more~Maybe a Tbsp)
1/4 tsp cumin
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa
1 small can corn
1 4.5 oz can green chile's
Mexican Blend shredded cheese
Tortilla chips

Cut chicken up into bite size pieces, cook chicken in olive oil in large saucepan on high, stirring occasionally until chicken is done, about 20 minutes. Add onions, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes. Transfer chicken over to a stock pot, or larger pan than the one you cooked the chicken in (do not drain); Stir in broth, salsa, chile's, corn and beans. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium high and boil 8-10 minutes. Let simmer until thickened. Place chips in individual bowls. Ladle soup over chips and sprinkle with cheese.

Serves 6

(I doubled the recipe)..we like left overs.

It also freezes well.



Here is my corn bread recipe:



1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can chili peppers
4 tbsp baking powder
1 can cream corn
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup flour
1 cup corn meal
1/4 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar, add 4 eggs, mix well; set aside. Combine flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt. Combine flour mixture with egg mixture. Grease 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325 degrees, for 20-25 minutes.

All I have to say is this meal was fabulous, believe it or not, even the little ones ate it all up.

Bon Appetite!

6 comments:

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Mmmmmm...please send leftover tortilla soup my way - I'm starving over here!

DIXIECHICK said...

Oh, poor Baby...unfortunatley, hubby loves it so much, it was gone the next day.

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Damn!!!

DIXIECHICK said...

Oh, my dear Monk...if you were close by, I would make a pot especially for you!

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

You are too sweet, my dear :)

Cynthia said...

That just sounds to good for words! I love cornbread!!!