Monday, December 10, 2007

Bunch of Punies!


Glitter Graphics & Comments

And boy...am I dragging! What a weekend....I am so exhausted, I honestly do not know how I am going to make it through the day....we picked up Max last night from Grandma's....we had only been home a couple of hours...before he started complaining with his right ear hurting...I had nothing to put in it...it was ten o'clock at night, and at that point, he wasn't complaining too badly...he had a shower, I warmed up a drop of olive oil and dropped it into his ear, then put in a cotton ball, thought we could make it till morning, then we would take him to the doctor...well, that wasn't to be...he was in so much pain, that the only alternative was to take him to the emergency room...hubster opted to call in to work this time, drive him to the E.R....since Aaron was already in bed asleep, had school the next morning, one of us had to stay home with him...so, hubby insisted that he be the one to take him....

As a Mom...that is tough for me to allow him to do...I feel, if one of my kids is that sick, then I should be the one to take them to the E.R....now hubster is a great dad and quite capable of taking him, but it still bugged me that he was firm in his decision that he should take him, I should stay home with Aaron....for some reason, our phone at home was out....we couldn't get a dial tone...totally dead.....so, he had to drive by his work anyway, to let them know he would not be in....so, he won that round! No way around him not being the one to take him.....

While he was gone with Max...of course, I paced, I worried, I stayed awake until he got home with him, which was around 1 a.m....Poor little guy had a double ear infection...both ears...pretty bad...so, he is now on the pink stuff, with codiene ear drops for the pain....I was up and down with him until about 3 a.m....so, I only slept from about 3 to 5 a.m...then I was up sick at my stomach...Hubster said now he doesn't feel well either.

We are just a bunch of punies....I tell ya!

Other than that...we had a great weekend.....Friday night, hubster and I went out for dinner...no where fancy, just Applebee's...but it was nice to just get out, alone together.
Saturday, I slept in a little....then we dressed and I went to get my mani/pedi...also got my hair trimmed/styled, as did hubster...we went to Toy's R Us...did some more shopping for Christmas....went to a sports bar afterwards for a drink and something to eat....
We did go out on the town...Saturday night...did not roll in until 4 a.m. Sunday morning.....we had a ton of fun...but, with Max being sick....being up all night with him...no sleep hardly at Saturday night....I am paying for it now.

I am too old for this shit!

Have a good week everybody!

17 comments:

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Sheeesh - I'm starting to feel a little sick myself just reading about these sick people - take your friggin' vitamins and get some more sleep, honey!

DIXIECHICK said...

Yeah, no kidding....I just took a couple of asprin...but I do need to take some vitamins..I make sure my kids take them...but I don't take them myself...I know my problem is just exhaustion....a good nights sleep will fix that.

Toni said...

I totally understand about feeling like you should be the one to take son to the ER; I am the same way. I feel like a bad momma if my husband takes any of that type of responsibility. He is a great dad, too, like yours.

Hope you are all feeling better. We all have colds here and are sick, sick, sick of being sick!

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I'm the opposite and probably a horrible parent - I buy the kids vitamins but now I've been forgetting to give 'em the damn things - yet I rarely forget to take mine. What's up with that.

(now I'm going to take their vits out of the cupboard to remind me to start taking 'em again)

DIXIECHICK said...

Toni..yeah, it does make me feel like a bad mama....I don't like being told what to do by my husband either, not when it comes to my kids...you know...that whole Mother bear thing...hope you and your little ones get well soon too.

Monk..darlin'..I just popped two vitamin C tablets I had in my desk drawer here at work....I can't get eight year old to take vitamins...but Max does, Flinstone kind...I think I am going to buy those vitamin gumballs for Aaron....I could probably trick him into that way...Just put their vitamins out somewhere you will always notice in the morning...before they go to school..so you can say, here guys, take your vitamins...

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Yeah - I used to do that. They love GummyVites - but then my wife is always putting 'em away in the cupboard and I forget to bring 'em out in the morning. I guess she hates it when they're out on the kitchen counter.

Maddy said...

Great piccie- that's just how I feel. Glad the drama is over.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

DIXIECHICK said...

Monk...Yeah, I could see where leaving them on the counter would be an "eyesore"..lol...I am the same way though..that kind of stuff drives me nuts too...everything goes "in it's place"...I have two built in book cases in my family room...the one to the left of our computer desk, hubby has full of "crap"..his movies, his books, his medicine, bills, etc, etc...drives me insane! But he would kill me if I touched it..

Maddy...Yeah, I thought it described me to a tee today too...Thanks for stopping by!

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Yep - same shit going on here. Every once in a while my wife will come into my office and do an overhaul cleaning job and all my stuff is rearranged - it pisses the hell out of me.

DIXIECHICK said...

MONK...LMAO!!!!!

the planet of janet said...

poor chick family, all puny and everything.

hope you guys are all back to normal soon. (normal. hmmm. what is that, i wonder?)

Caffeine Court said...

Brutal! Hope you all get some well needed rest!!!

Hang in there!

Ken said...

Sorry to hear about Max. I hope he's better today. I know what you mean about waiting while your spouse is at the ER with your kid. That happened last year. The youngest one got a bad infection and had to hospitalized for a week.

Whitenoise said...

Hey, hope you're all feeling better...

My kids are fussy with vitamins, too. The middle kid will only eat purple "Arthurs" which leaves a whole jar full of orange "DWs" and "Maxines". ;-(

DIXIECHICK said...

Janet..normal? Funny...I agree with you, what is normal? I have no idea....

Jill..thanks...Max is better....Just very tired Mom and Dad.

Daddio...yeah, Max is much better. We kept him home from preschool again today...the amoxicillin works wonders...the ear drops in his ears too. He is almost back to normal..fighting with his brother, back talking, the whole nine...lol...


Whitenoise..yeah, everyone is much better...I wasn't doing too well last night, but whatever it was seemed to have passed..I think my problem is just exhaustion...what with a full time job, my evening job with the family..lol...you know, the dinner, homework, bath, mommy/child time, etc..etc..oh, and let's not forget the hubby..he has to have attention too...plus the Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, etc..etc...Man, I need about four more of me.
Purple Arthurs..too funny....I think I am going to buy those vita-balls, gumballs...I think Aaron (8 yr old) would be more willing to take them that way...

ENFORCER said...

Hey Dixie- Sorry to hear that the weekend ended up so hectically but glad that you got to go out for a date night with the hubby. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

DIXIECHICK said...

Enforcer...thanks hun...we are all feeling lot's better. Hopefully we can stay that way...also, I thanks again for the mag idea...loved putting my image on Vogue..