Monday, December 3, 2007

It's Monday...I am tired....wondering where the weekend went....




I know you are all hanging on the edge of your seat...wondering what in the heck did Dixie do over the weekend....









Well, let me fill you in.....Friday, picked up 14 year old...2 hours of my evening spent on the road....later that night we tried to watch this movie....

All I can say is.....don't bother...save your money, save your eyes.....don't waste your time...even after a couple glasses of wine, it still did not make this movie enjoyable...they seriously paid these actors to make this movie? Stupid....Stupid me for renting it.

Moving on....

Saturday morning, of course, I was awakened at a very ungodly hour...by the Maxter...seriously, this kid is never tired....he doesn't want to go to bed and he never wants to sleep in...at the first hint of daylight...he is ready for me to get up and make breakfast, of which he barely eats....so, I hauled my still very tired bum out of bed, whipped up some biscuits and sausage gravy for the family...cleaned up and then decided...Let's put up the Christmas tree....the dreaded task I have putting off since Thanksgiving....at first, everyone but the hubby, is totally gung ho...Yeah, let's put up the tree....tree is brought up from the basement and assembled (yes, we have a faker)...branches are fluffed and twisted, pulled and prodded, along with several scratches to my forearms, until I am satisfied...lights are checked, then I start stringing them....but of course, after I am done...1/2 of the lights at the top...DON'T FREAKING WORK!!!!!!! I check the bulbs, can't get the darn thing to light up..starting to get a little bit annoyed..as hubby is asleep, 14 year old is watching t.v and on the computer....eight year old is playing Playstation and the only help I am getting is from 4 year old...pulling out ornaments, making a mess and just getting in my way. But..I am counting to 10, over and over...trying to maintain my cool, lights still won't work. Damn...damn...damn...so, hubby wakes up, takes Max and heads to the store, to buy new lights...I unstring the tree, by this time, it's lunch...everyone is starving...AGAIN...re-open Dixie's diner....lunch made to order...here, let me get you your menus, What would you like to drink..oh, you spilled it, here...let me clean that up for you....You get the picture? So....lunch, clean up..by this time....2 p.m...
Tree decorating is at a stand still...I know I need to go to the grocery, I want to go Christmas shopping, eight year old has a b-day party at Chuck-E-Hell's to go to..so, I start the "getting ready to go to town" process...you know, "The whole shower and groom thing"....that takes me about an hour.....

About five p.m., the kids and I head into town....First stop....drop Aaron off at the party, this is where I decided to practice my Texas two-step...LOL...thankfully, the boys did not get hurt when they fell down, but I did give the manager at Chuck-E-Hell's a tongue lashing over not having any ice melt/salt put out for the icy sidewalks (it sleeted earlier in the day)....after meeting the b-day boy's Mom, making sure Aaron was safe to leave at the party...the other boys and I headed to Target....now, I was in heaven..such pretty pretty Christmasy decorations...I stood in that aisle until the drool started to puddle beneath my feet and 14 year old had to call for clean up on Aisle 17...hahaha....just kidding, but seriously I love me some Target....I picked up a few Christmas presents for the kids...then headed over to pick up some sweet Nectar of the Gods...Starbucks.....


Peppermint White Mocha..Yum..yum...yum....a shot of rum would have made it even more so, but...I had kids....I had to be the responsible parent you know.....hour later, picked up Aaron from the party..picked up dinner and a movie and headed home.

The Hubster had to work...so, I decided to finish the darn tree, if it killed me, decorating was going to be done that night....so, for two solid hours, with only the help of the Maxter....we got er' done...

Max..."helping"....


The fruits of my labor...






It was after midnight when we got done...I was exhausted...put the Maxter to bed, with the vision of sleeping in the next morning..you know, keep them up late, they will sleep late....not so with my kid....he is like the Energizer bunny....he just keeps going and going and going....he was up and demanding breakfast by 7:30....hubster came home from work about that time and allowed me to stay in a bed for just a little longer...but, patrons were banging on the door, demanding that Dixie open up the diner....home cooked breakfast...made to order....lol...

Then, after Breakfast..since I did not have enough of the joy of decorating the night before...I decided...it would be so great to have lights on the hedges and hanging down from the front of the house...so, I dragged out the "outside" icicle lights, checked everyone of those, covered the hedges, hung the lights from the porch...now, remember I said I checked them all prior to hanging...well, guess what....after the drum roll...think Chevy Chase...Christmas Vacation.....


1/2 of a strand in the front, WOULD NOT WORK! @#@#$%#$@#!@!#....
At that point...I decided I had had enough...I was on strike..no more cooking, no more decorating....no more nuthin!

We were going to go to the Lafayette Christmas parade..but it started pouring rain...and although I love my kids....and would do anything for them....the parade was not going to be one of those things....

I came in and tried to take a nap..but, due to a certain little energizer bunny....that didn't happen..

Spend the remainder of the evening on the road, meeting up with Justin's Dad for him to go home...came home, spent two hours trying to get Maxter to go to bed....in between trying to watch Desperate Housewives....what did you guys think about last nights show? May have to blog about that later...as well as Max and his frustrating bed routine....I seriously need some advise with this kid....I put him to bed..he gets up...I put him to bed...he gets up...repeat, oh...elventy billion gazillion times...I am at my wits end....but, that is a post for another time...

Don't you envy me?

Dixiechick..out!

6 comments:

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

That is so frustrating when your kid keeps getting out of bed when all you want is a little alone time at the end of a long day.

My ten year old sometimes gets in one of those moods where he's just not tired and keeps coming downstairs.

I make him some Sleepy Time tea and sometimes that gets him tired enough to fall asleep. Reading him a book or magazine might help - let him listen to some music on headphones - sometimes my kid will fall asleep with his iPod on. If he doesn't have one - might be a good Christmas gift idea - iPod Nanos are pretty cheap these days.

Might also cut out juice or sugar items later in the day - he could be too sugared up to fall asleep.

Cynthia said...

Please blog DH, I'll be back to check it out later!

Lori said...

I hate early morning risers! Ugh! We put all of our decoration sup too. And all of our outside lights only lit up half way. It's some marketing scheme, I swear!

DIXIECHICK said...

Monk...I do all of that..except the tea thing..I will have to try that...He got up 12 times last night, got yelled at, I took his presents out from in under the tree....then he started with the I hate Mom, I hate Dad crap...Hubby convinced me to talk to him, put his presents back under the tree...I feel like I am damned if I do, damned if I don't...the only me time I get his when the kids go to bed, hubby goes to work..by then I am usually so exhausted, I go right to sleep, so no "unwind" time for me...I have got to figure something out, becuase he is really driving me nuts!

Nap..DH has been blogged.

Lori....you had light problems too? Wow...really ticked me off..but, I am not fixing it until next weekend..my fuse is too short right now.

Ken said...

Busy, busy, busy. Thanks for the movie tip. I'll make sure not to rent that one. I'm behind on my movies. Have not rented a movie in two months. I like movies, but I'm too lazy to rent one.

DIXIECHICK said...

Daddy O..yeah, the movie really sucked...I just watched Super Bad last night..very funny. If you like that kind of "American Pie" humor....check it out...but...don't watch with the kids around. Not for little eyes or ears.