Friday, December 7, 2007

TGIF!!!!



I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend....I am so ready for it to begin...thankfully, I do not have to travel tonight....the in-laws are driving up and picking up Max...and the ex is in town to do some Christmas shopping....so, he is going to get Aaron off the bus...I guess there are no stores in his neck of the woods....idiot! But anyway, it keeps me off of the roads tonight...

Hubster and I have had a tension filled week, we have been short and out of sorts with each other...so, we need to have a little "us"time...he is taking me for dinner tonight, we hope to do some Christmas shopping...unfortunately, he has to work tonight..so, I hope he is rested up....because we really need this "us" time....

Tomorrow...I have my bi-weeky pampering appointment...for my manicure/pedicure...I may or may not work for a few hours...to make up for missing work earlier in the week when Max was sick...totally up to me...Hubster doesn't want me too...but, I hate being out the money. Especially so close to Christmas and four boys and relatives to buy for. His reasoning is..he can work half day of over time and make more money than I make for an entire day...which is good in one respect, but bad in another..the man never gets a break...he works 7 days a week, 3 rd shift and rolls along with hardly any sleep...which makes for a very mean, very grumpy father and husband....so, there are pros and cons....I would rather work, give him a break..

He wants to take me out "clubbing" tomorrow night...gives me a chance to dress up smoking hot....go out dancing, have some drinks...just have a good time...usually, we meet up with friends...tends to turn into quite the party...so, we will see....part of me wants to go...the other part....the old, tired woman part of me....does not.....It is cold out people...hubster's idea of taking me out, requires me to wear short skirt and heels.....therefore I freeze to death....why do women always have to suffer for the sake of beauty and looking sexy for their man....men don't have to do that...they can dress up and stay warm....not so with us women....oh, vanity....it will be the death of us..lol...

Anyway....I am finishing up....getting ready to leave work....I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend....

Dixiechick...out!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Have fun, get sexy and come see my present for you!

Sicilian said...

Dixie. . . . We often talk about how many hours I work and how little my checks still are, and yeah. . . . we debate why it is better for him to work overtime.
Out of my 13 years of full time working. . . . . 8 have been nights. You are right. . . . the lack of sleep makes you grumpy.
My Sweetie and I are going out in Dallas. . . . . little warmer here . . . . . I have some pants that are very sexy which he has not seen . . . . that is about as smoking hot as I feel right now.
Ciao

DIXIECHICK said...

Rachel...why sweetie..whatever could it be..can't wait to see...I will be right over...

Sicilian...then you know exactly what it is like..not easy sometimes...I try to be patient and understanding...but the frustrating part is..when he has the oppurtunity to sleep, he chooses to do other things..pushing himself beyond the point of exhaustion...I hope you have fun with your sweetie when you go out in Dallas....we are hitting up the big ol' town of Indianpolis....my sweetie bought me a new sexy little dress from BeBe....some 5 inch strappy heels...and a little bolero fake fur jacket....I can't wait to wear it, go dancing and tear up the town..just not looking forward to going out in the snow in it...lol..I am sure Dallas is much much warmer..have fun hun!

Lori said...

Have fun! I know all about those grumpy guys that work midnights.

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

my sweetie bought me a new sexy little dress from BeBe....some 5 inch strappy heels...and a little bolero fake fur jacket....I can't wait to wear it, go dancing and tear up the town

I bet you look like a million bucks - have a ball!

Ken said...

My wife likes to dress up no matter what -- even to the school bus stop. I just wear shorts or jeans and a t-shirt. We're the odd couple when we go out together. Have a good weekend!

DIXIECHICK said...

Lori...glad to know there are others out there that know what I am talking about..I try to just back off and leave him be, until he is rested up..no sleep, or lack there of can make even a saint testy...

Monk..yeah, baby...you know it....and tear it up I will...

Daddio...I am just like your wife..I will not leave the house without being dressed up, full make up on..it irritates hubby sometimes...Hey, I have seen you in a suit, from your wedding photos you posted...you should dress up more often...you looked mighty handsome in those photos....Yowza!

Caffeine Court said...

Hey there-I hope you don't mind a Yankee posting on your blog!

I found you through A Southern Fairy Tale...love your blog-you seem like a fun lady!

Hugs from a Jersey Chick!