Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Weather in and around my neck of the woods......



About 30 miles away from where I live.....

The weather service reported near-record flooding at the Norway and Oakdale dams just north of Monticello, a city of 5,700 people about 25 miles north of Lafayette.

Lafayette city officials were preparing if the rain continues to raise the level of the Wabash River. At noon, the weather service issued a flood warning along the Wabash from Lafayette to Terre Haute.

If the Wabash River continues to rise...we are screwed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the no comments for awhile, life is a little crazy around these here parts. No excuse though, I will be better. Hope you don't float away!

DIXIECHICK said...

New Diva...thanks....no problem..I totally understand...but, I blog for my blogging friends...I need all of ya! Makes it more fun!
Nah..we aren't going to float away...we live a little ways away from all of this...but, some of the favorite places we like to go...restaurants, stores etc...are in the pathway if the Wabash overflows...hope it doesn't...so far so good.

Ken said...

I hope your area doesn't get flooded too. That photo looks just like the flood near our area a month back.