Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday 13.....



My post today is about exercise....to have the body above, well..it doesn't come from being a couch potato....you have to get out and (shudder)...




Now, as all three of my readers know....I have been on a weight loss, exercise kick since February....I have done well...25 lbs lost, just from watching my caloric intake...anyway, I decided, in order to keep it off, I really really needed to exercise, so I started walking a few months ago, then I added running into the mix...Now, I run 3 miles or so, 3-4 times a week....but, I hate it!!
To me, exercise is....



Yes, it burns off calories...but, not nearly enough...so, here is a list of other day to day things, that I am so thoughtfully providing, for those of you that are curious as to what you can do to burn calories, above and beyond just exercising...keep in mind, you have to burn off more calories than you consume...I keep my calorie intake at around 1200-1400 per day....exercising (running), probably burns off 350 or so calories....but, here are some other things you can do to burn off those calories.

1~Cooking dinner~96 calories
2~Grocery Shopping~190 calories
3~Making your bed~94 calories
4~Taking out the trash~120 calories
5~Playing with the kids~192 calories
6~Washing dishes~144 calories
7~Vacuuming~196 calories
8~Watching TV for one hour-60 calories
9~1 hour of sex~250 calories(throw in 20 minutes of foreplay, add 29 calories)
10~Washing and vacuuming your car~177 calories
11~Gardening~320 calories for one hour
12~Surfing the net(blogging)~60 calories
13~Dancing for fun~150 calories

So, combine all of those activities in one day...you have burned a whopping 2078 calories!

Imagine that......most of these things we all do every day...except maybe the sex and the dancing...lol...but, on those days, if you dance and have sex..well, then maybe you can splurge and have that piece of cheesecake!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

BITR Country Girl said...

I'd love to burn up 2078 calories. Lord knows I need to get my butt in gear and lose at least 10 pounds.

Anonymous said...

Sex for an hour? Whew!! That should be enough calorie burning I could eat an entire cheesecake not just a piece!! ha ha

I changed my url but everything else is the same. flatcokeandflies.blogspot.com

Meg said...

I am right there with you...I HATE the way I look right now and am making changes to how I do everything. Good for you!!