Friday, January 16, 2009

BRRRrrrrrrr......Baby It's Cold Outside......



Holy crap! It is currently -12 degrees outside....A couple days ago, we got around 4 inches of snow....not a lot compared to some places, but to this little Southern girl, any snow is a lot.

School has been cancelled for the last two days. The roads are really not bad, so I assume that it is because of the temps....with the windchill, it's something like 30 below....I am so looking forward to Spring. I hate cold weather...I hate bundling up...but, what are you going to do?

Since schools were closed yesterday, that left hubby at home...alone...with both kids all day yesterday...after working 3rd shift the night before....unfortunately, they do nothing but fight/argue, do not allow hubby to get any sleep...so, he was up all day with them. He told me to go ahead and go to the gym, after work, pick them up something for dinner, then he would lay down for a few hours when I got home...So, I went to the gym, as I was changing my clothes, I heard a couple of women, apparently teachers, saying all TSC school's were closed Friday....I stuck my head around the corner, apologized for eavesdropping/interrupting, asked them, "For sure? TSC schools are closed Friday?"...they replied yes, so I thought Holy Crap...there is no way that hubby can go another day, be at home with those two all day again Friday, so I had to come up with a plan. Hubby's Mom, supposedly was coming to Lafayette that day, or so I thought, so I whipped out the cell phone, called her up, to see if they could go ahead and come by the house and pick up Max for his weekend visit with them, a day early...but, they had not came to Lafayette after all...but were willing to meet me, later that evening to pick him up at the half way point, which is in Crawfordsville....I told them 8 p.m. would be fine...then, I called the Ex for Aaron, he said he could pick him up around 7....I looked at the time, it was after 5 p.m. at that point...I knew there was no way that I could fit a work out in, as I still had to go by the pharmacy and get Aaron's ADD medicine, I still had to feed the boys, pack their clothes, etc...so, I changed back into my regular clothes and left the gym...another work out foiled! I just can't seem to get that 4 per week like I want...again, as of today, I have only been one day this week....anyway, I ran my errands, picked up the boys dinner, came home, fed them, packed for them, the ex picked up Aaron exactly at 7 p.m. and Max and I made the 30 minute trip to meet the inlaws...they were a little late meeting me, but not too bad, putting me back home around 8:30 last night...
This has been such a long week....with Mr. Burns in the office, all day every day this week, the weather, the extra running around last night...I am so looking forward to this weekend! I want to do nothing more tonight then watch movies, drink wine, have a great dinner and relax...not sure what hubby wants to do..he does have to work tonight....so, we will see. I may try again to go the gym...just hard to find the motivation on a Friday night...with the weather so cold. Hubby wants to go out tomorrow night, that I do know....and it's so cold out, I don't know now if we will...I don't relish the thought of dressing up and going out in below zero temperatures....

Well, I have a conference call...so, I better go...

Hope you all have a terrific Friday and a relaxing wonderful weekend! If you are in an area that is as cold/colder like where I live..STAY WARM!!!!!!

So,

No comments: