Monday, August 31, 2009

Another one bites the dust....My first wipeout.....

Holy hell am I sore and hurting this morning. I had such a crappy start to my weekend ,ending it with an even more "sore" note......Friday afternoon, about an hour before it was time for me to leave work, I get a phone call, from ex husband number one...usually we get along ok...but, lately, he has had major attitude....real sullen, not very talkative when I meet him to pick up/drop off Justin, our 15 year old...I felt like last week, something was up with him..but, didn't give it much thought. Until Friday afternoon....The ex and I are both originally from S.Carolina...I was going to college, in my freshman year, I met him through mutual friends of ours...at first, I really didn't like him, but I was going through a lot o f stuff, needed a friend, he was there....you get the picture....anyway, he kind of grew on me...he was also 10 years older than me, and divorced with two younger kids. Everyone, myself included, told me to run the other way..listing all the reasons he was not the one for me...I didn't listen....six months, after our first date, he proposed and of course, I said yes....knowing, that after we got married, he had plans to take a government job,which would require us to move to Indiana....I had some problems with people in my life at the time, and I thought, it would be great to get away from everyone, have a brand new start....it was only supposed to be a for a year or two, then we were going to move back to S. Carolina....20 years later, two husbands, four children, I am still here in Indiana....the ex is facing early retirement..soon being at his government job for 20 years. When he called me on Friday, it was with the news that he is retiring in April, putting his house up for sale, and moving back to S. Carolina....him moving, I could care less, but the problem is...My oldest, Tim (19) has just started his freshman year of college, and planned on living with his dad while he went to college, to save money. The 15 year old is a sophomore, having went to school every year (except for one) with the kids he grew up with, is center on the football team, well liked, makes awesome grades, and is very popular at school. Needless to say this news has devastated all of us.

The kids do not want to move...Justin especially. He wants to graduate with North High school and all of his friends. Tim, pretty much said he is staying, going to get an apartment with friends, and the heck with is dad. Justin on the other hand, is caught between a rock and a hard place. Either way, he will have to move, weather it is to SC or back to Lafayette to move back in with me. I can not stand the thoughts of him moving to SC with his dad...I feel like Mike, the ex is being an inconsiderate asshole about all of this. He got me so upset...crying and snotting all over the place at work, on Friday...I had to leave work early. I told him he was a selfish S.O.B...and I had nothing more to say to him, and I hung up on him. I don't know what to do....his reason for leaving is that he wants to be close to his parents again, they are both older and are in an assisted living retirement community, and they made an excellent offer to him to take their $250,000 house...I don't know what his current wife feels about it, don't really care...Mike has 2 sisters and a brother that live in the same town has his parents...he could fly down every month, would not be a problem..to uproot the boys, disrupt everyone is very selfish. I would never see my son, I don't make the money the ex has....I can't fly wherever I want, whenever I want...it is not fair. I would love to see my mom, who by the way is in much worse health than his parents, more than I do....not possible. Because as a parent, I put the needs of my kids first....which Mike has never done. Anyway, nothing has happened as of yet....I can't talk to him right now, I am too pissed off. When we do talk, I don't know how I will be able to maintain my composure with him. Justin suggested we make Tim his legal guardian, let him live with him, finish school in Terre Haute...I don't think that is an option. A lot of decisions to face and I don't think I can make them. OR handle the ones that are made. So, I started my weekend off with a sob fest of the likes I have not done since I went through my last divorce.

Once I got home, Hubby got me calmed down, we talked about it, thought we should just wait and see what happens. That it is only in the "idea" stage at the moment...one day at a time, all that garbage. We got dressed and met a friend in Indianapolis, listened to a great band, had a couple drinks, and I tried to put things out of my mind.

Saturday, I went for a great 5.5 mile run, did a little (minimal) housework, then hubby and I dressed and went for an early dinner. After dinner, we stopped by our local watering hole, our favorite bar...had a glass of wine, talked with a couple friends, mentioning we would come back for the band later that evening.
We had to go to the grocery store, after we were done there, we decided to just rent a couple movies, stay home and relax. That is what we did...we watched Mobsters...
which was a great mob movie...I love anything to do with the mob, have all the movies, read as many books as I have been able to about the subject, and The Sopranos was my all time favorite t.v. show, until it ended. I still watch re-runs of it from time to time. Out of five stars, I give it 4 1/2....

Then we watched "I Love You Man"..


Hilarious...I enjoyed it very much. Out of five stars, I give it 3 1/2....not too bad, but not the best comedy I have seen, but it is worth a rent.

Sunday morning was spent relaxing, until early afternoon, I thought I would go for a run...I wanted to do another 5.5 miles, putting my grand total for the week at 25 miles...I had only gotten a half mile down the road, when it happened...the pavement jumped up and bit my ass...Literally....actually, two cars were coming, opposite directions, the one I was facing had no room to get over, so it was up to me to get off the shoulder of the road a little more, so when I did, I slipped on some loose gravel and I went down...sliding across the gravel and pavement on the palms of my hands....let's just say there is no skin left on my right palm, and a few scrapes on my left, down my right leg....and I thought I had twisted my ankle...several cars seen my fall, no one stopped...I am laying sprawled on the side of the road, trying to crawl up to a standing position, crying, trying to hobble home...when you are hurt, a half mile seems miles and miles away. Fortunately, a lady seen my distress, turned her car around and took me home. Hubby helped clean up my wounds, we debated for quite some time if I needed a tetanus shot ( I had one about 8 years ago when I worked at the hospital) so I had to convince him that they were good for about 10 years. We cleaned the wounds up very well, put peroxide/antibiotic ointment on them, then bandaged them up. My ankle smarts a little and my right arm around my elbow is very sore. Needless to say, I didn't make my 25 miles for the week. I was so mad at myself...I am determined to go to the gym tonight and work through my pain...we shall see.
The only good thing about this week is that I only work 3 1/2 days, then I have 4 1/2 glorious days off. I sure hope this week goes better than last weeks ended.

Later...

1 comment:

i beati said...

what did the boys decide?