Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mama Likey....do any runners out there have one?



I want one of these bad boys....or bad girls...however you choose to look at it...
Here are the specs on it:

Meet Forerunner 405. This GPS-enabled sport watch tracks your training, then wirelessly sends your data to your computer.

Forerunner 405 continuously monitors your time, distance, pace, calories and heart rate (when paired with heart rate monitor). Each run is stored in memory so you can review and analyze the data to see how you've improved. You can even download recorded courses to compete against previous workouts or race a Virtual Partner.

The only problem? They cost $300 smackaroos....

Sigh....a girl can dream, huh?

Are there any runners out there that has one? Are they hard to use? What opinions do you have about it if you do own one?

I am going to get some kind of heart rate monitor, but from my research and all that I have read, Garmins are top of the line. Regardless, I can't get one until next Spring, when we get our tax check...but, I figured I would start researching them now, that way when the time does get here, I will know exactly what I want and what to get.

So...I did go to the gym last night...injured, but still able to run. It wasn't my feet the skin came off of. I did 5.5 miles...

The first few miles, I kicked butt...

Mile 1- 9 minutes
Mile 2- 9 minutes 5 sec
Mile 3- 9 minutes 20 sec
Mile 4- 9 minutes 35 sec
Mile 5- 10 minutes 45 sec
Mile .5- 4 minutes 20 sec

Total time: 51 minutes 25 seconds.

Not too shabby...I kind of started to peter out in the last mile or so...slowing my pace down. My ankle was starting to smart and um....I had to go to the bathroom, like really bad. Hard to hold it and keep running, but I didn't want to stop. When I got to that half mile mark, I had to stop. My intention was to do a six miler, but, um...sometimes, your mind can not tell your body to keep going, or to hold it..as the case may be.

Anyway, after going to the bathroom, sweet relief...lol...I did my stretching, then did a series of abs and legs...

Tonight, no gym...but I may try to get a short run in, an easy 3 miler....hopefully, if I do, my feet will be the only thing hitting the pavement.

Later gators....

No comments: