Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kashi=yucky!




I just had my first Kashi frozen dinner for lunch..needless to say, I was not impressed. It was really bland, I didn't care for the texture too much.




Not going to say I will never try another..the calorie count was very good. 240 calories, but the sodium was way up there (like 640 mg)...as are most frozen dinners. But, I like the Lean Cuisines and Weight Watcher varieties more.




I also like the Ethnic Versions you can find in the health food isle. Walmart has them, Payless/Kroger has them. The Indian Chicken Tikki Masala is awesome!









I also had a cup of Progresso Chicken Noodle soup..only 70 calories per serving. The sodium was kind of high in that regard too....


I will have to watch my intake for the rest of the day. How much sodium is permissable for a person to consume in one day? I will have to do some research on that.


I went and worked out at lunchtime again. 3.5 miles on the treadmill.


Splits are:


Mile 1- 9 min 20 sec


Mile 2- 9 min 5 sec


Mile 3-9 min 22 sec


.5 4 min 20 sec


Pretty darn good. I was late getting back to work though, got railroaded. I hate that! Plus throw in a couple of incompetent drivers, I was seriously stressing. I am just waiting for the day someone (I.e...boss's) say something to me about working out on my lunch break, clocking back in and eating my lunch at my desk. I hope they don't. I enjoy going on my lunch break, getting the workout in for the day. I only do it a couple times a week, as my other workouts are usually in the evenings twice a week, then again on a weekend.
I will be so glad when this day is over. Work is rather slow today. They have me "cold calling" for potential new business. I hate that!!! Makes me feel so stupid to call people up, asking about their lawncare, when it is snowing outside/snow on the ground.


Tonight, after work, I am going to go get my first spray on tan...I have read so much about the dangers of tanning beds, I am afraid to do that anymore, so I thought I would give a spray on tan a whirl. But..there is so much prep you have to do before you go get one, I am a little nervous. I don't want to end up like this:




Poor girl! Yikes...I just want a little "light" non-orange tan, to cover up this pasty whiteness....Have any of you ever got a spray on tan? Please tell me if it turned out ok...

Happy Hump day everyone!

3 comments:

Sicilian said...

I would be way to stressed to do the lunch thing. I admire your dedication.

Dixiechick said...

It is hard some days..I hate coming back to the office all sweaty, but, it is totally worth it in the evenings, to be able to get home early and know I have completed my workout for the day.

Bella said...

Hiya. I use the VersaSpa spray tan thingy at SunTan City and like it. Takes some getting used to but for a ghost like me, it works. About to start it up again in a few weeks. :)