Friday, March 5, 2010

Lazy Post....

Not much to say...Nothing new to talk about...my life is boring....routine is the same, day in..day out.
I have been shamelessly stalking new blogs...added new ones to my blog roll...haven't got up the nerve to comment on any of them yet...I feel very "unbloggy" lately..is that even a word? Maybe...sigh....

Glad it's Friday...this has been one extremely long work week....our busy time is just around the corner...Mr. Burns should be out of the office more..I hope...then maybe the sanity I have lost over these winter months will slowly start to return.

No big plans for the weekend...taking the kiddos out for dinner tonight..Justin is coming up to visit..first time in almost a month and a half...looking forward to spending some quality time with him. Maybe he will go to the gym with me.

I have been doing great with working out...so far this year I have ran 140.4 miles....I just need to add in 2 more days per week for strength training....2 is just not enough, as I do upper body/abs/arms one day, then the next I do legs/butt/abs the next weight day at the gym. I need to being doing each twice per week.

On the laughable front..last Wenesday at the gym...one of the weight lifters, let's call him "Meat Head"...


approached me, struck up a conversation with me..( I have been going to this gym for a year and a half, he has never ever spoken to me before-usually his wife is lifting weights with him-but she was absent that night)..I had just finished my plie' squats, he sauntered/loped over to me and goes...(kind of like Rocky) "Yo, you ever take any of the classes they offer here"....lol..I said no, but had thought about spin or body pump...then he asked if I had heard of P 90 X...I said sure...my son was doing it and one of the guys at the office...He asked me about the diet plan for it, I told him I have no idea...I suggested he research it on the internet....we chatted a little further, about diet...he said he wants to strengthen his core..I almost wanted to laugh in his face..his waist was small, he did not have a gut at all...it was then I knew he was "flirting" with me....he asked about my routine, has he was getting bored with his..this is when I found out him and his wife used to be in muscle/weight lifting competitions...I told him I can only work out a few times a week in the evenings due to kids/home responsibilities...he asked how many kids...I told him four...his reply was "Damn girl, never would have thought you had one"....I thanked him, told him I needed to finish my workout and get home...as I was leaving, he came back up to me, and said, "For four kids, honey, I have to tell you..you have an amazing body"....lol..WTF??? I guess when the wifes away, the meat head will play...Seriously? Did this guy think I was impressed? I went home and told my husband...and had another good laugh...but, then again...I was flattered...should I not be?

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Hope you had a great weekend!

Dixiechick said...

Thanks Tricia...you too! Thanks for stopping by my blog? How in the world did you find me?