Monday, April 5, 2010

Vacation Recap...part Duex!...

Wow, the weekend flew by and I had not one second of free time to get on the computer..well, I did...but I spent it watching Weeds Season 4 on Netflix...that show is awesome.
So, when I left off with our vacation post...it was our first night at Myrtle Beach (of our 2 night stay) and after getting kicked out of the pool, for swimming after hours....we came back to our room and relaxed, drank some wine (just me and hubby)...lol..put the boys to bed. It was so relaxing to listen to the sounds of the ocean, sipping on some wine, just being with one another. I love my hubby!!!!

The next morning...we were up and at them rather early....the boys were excited and very anxious to get down to the beach. I started some coffee, hubby started the boy's breakfast...once the coffee was done, I took it out on the balcony and drank it while looking out at the ocean..when all of a sudden...I seen something jump..it was a dolphin..then..there were several more...all jumping, playing and frolicking in the ocean...I yelled for everyone to come outside, take a look...it was nature at it's best and the boys were thrilled to see the dolphins. It was sort of like this picture-that I snagged of the internet(because I was a dummy and didn't grab my camera)




We all got dressed and headed out to some of the beach shops...the boys wanted some buckets and shovels for the beach and I needed to get them some sandals/flip flops, as they only had their tennis shoes, I didn't want them wearing them down to the beach.



We went to several different beach shops, picking up little things here or there....sunglasses/flip flops, bucket/shovel, etc...

Here's a picture of Max, trying on a funky hat with his sunglasses....





After about an hour and a half of shopping, and me scoring some cute white shorts and a myrtle beach tank top, we were done with our shopping expedition and returned to our room to put on our swim suits. The boy's excitement was contagious and we were thrilled to be at the beach, just as they were. We made our way downstairs, down to the beach, where the air temp was around 73 degrees...a little breezy it was..but, overall, not bad...Hubby promptly laid down on his towel, and fell asleep. I slathered sunscreen on the boys (should have on hubby as well-I didn't...and he got sunburned-sleeping face up, in the sun for two hours-bad wife)..they immediatley ran into the ocean, then right back out again, as the water temp was only around 52 degrees..according to the guy sitting next to us...

Here are some pictures of their brief "swim" in the ocean...



























The boys quickly made a friend, and proceeded to dig a ginormous hole in the sand..












I don't know who the other kids was...just a random kid Max struck up a friendship with...which didn't last too long..Max wouldn't stay right by his side, so the kid got mad, yelled at Max, "Fine, if you don't want to be my friend, I will go find another friend"...Max kind of laughed and said, fine....I was just getting water..but, there are lot's of other kids on the beach...good luck"...so, wise for a seven year old...lol. I thought it was hilarious that Max took this kid's temper tantrum in stride like that.




I tried several times myself, to just relax and get some sun, read my magazines that I had brought, but it was impossible..the kids kept asking me to help with this, do this, do that...etc, so I got up and played with them...Aaron wanted me "bury" him in the sand...so, for a while, that is what we did....Here are a couple photos...it was pretty darn funny.



















After almost 4 hours of this...we were all tired and worn out, hungry and ready to return to our room. We rinsed the boys off in the outdoor shower and trudged upstairs...I made the boys get in the tub and hubby and I decided for dinner, that we were going to stay inside, instead of going out. Hubby wanted to cook us a seafood dinner...so, while I was showering, he went to the store and bought scallops, sea bass, crab cakes, rice and veggies to steam...and another yummy bottle of red wine.
He would not let me do anything...he made a most fabulous meal for us, of which Aaron would not eat...he is such a picky/finicky child. It really irritated me that Keith went to so much trouble to make this fabulous meal for us, and he refused to eat it...I was all for letting him go to bed hungry..I was raised with the ideal that you eat what is put before you and be grateful/thankful that you have it. Not so with my kids...Keith ended up feeling bad for him, and taking him later to get Burger King...silly boy!
After dinner/clean up...the boys wanted to go for one more swim, so, again..we suited up and went downstairs to the hotel pool....the boys played in the lazy river, while hubby and I sat in the hot tub, alternating with the heated pool. Now, when I swim, I am one of "those" women, who get into the pool, with hair and make up done, and I do not, repeat, do not like to get my head wet....but, there were some unsupervised heathens...um, I mean children, running around loose and they kept running and jumping into the pool, seeing who could make the biggest "cannonball" splash, and proceeded to drench me..so, after getting over my intense anger at these brats...I decided what the heck and proceeded to dive under and swim from the inside to the outside numerous times...after a couple hours, I had had enough, just wanted a warm shower, clean nighty and some alone time with my hubby and that bottle of wine...so, we roused up the boys, went back upstairs and got them ready for bed..since we were leaving early the next morning.

To wrap it up, we had a great time at Myrtle Beach, our hotel was fabulous...if you do go to Myrtle Beach, I highly recommend the Paradise Resort....

By 11 a.m. the next morning, we were packed up and headed back to my Mom's for one more day with her. We got back to my Moms around 5 p.m to find her very sick....as I have said, for 61 years old, her health is very bad..I know if I lived close to her, I would be able to help her more, but she has pretty much just given up....on herself, on life in general. My brother is having some serious problems, with his health/his marriage, and he is depressed..Mom says he has nothing to do with her, and he swears he does...but, I only seen him briefly, twice, the entire week I was down there. I am grateful my Mom has her sisters, especially my Aunt Wanda, to check in on her...I worry so much. Anyway, my brother stopped by on my last night, we went to go buy some KFC to feed the family, we stopped at the drugstore for something for Keith, and he proceeded to "allow" me to buy him some beer...which I did not mind at all...but he had already drank a six pack before we got there...I worry about his health so much. He doesn't look good and he is so unhappy. After a long night of hearing Mom cough and not be able to breathe, then me finding myself with an ear ache....there was not much sleep for me at all. Pretty much the entire trip I didn't sleep very much..so, I was teetering on the brink of exhaustion as well....but, we were planning on leaving to drive back to Indiana that night, and I wanted Mom to be checked out by her Doctor so I took her in that morning. Pretty much told her to keep taking her breathing treatments, gave her some antiobiotics and sent her own her way. With the advise that if she got any worse (I felt she was on the brink of pneumonia) to go straight to the hospital.
I really did not want to leave her..but, I had no choice. We had to head back to Indiana..so around 5 pm that evening, we loaded up and headed home...my ear ache that had started the night before, gradually begin to get worse...around midnight, I was in full blown "pain from the depths of hell"....it was worse, along the lines of the pain you have with childbirth..I was in tears...hubby debated with me for several hours to stop at an emergency room....I thought I was going to die from the pain. It was the most miserable road trip back I have ever taken in my life....700 plus miles, in non stop agony...the only relief I would get was to take 400 mg of Ibuprofen about every 3 or so hours, then it would only ease off for an hour at most, then start all over again. We got back to Indiana around 8 a.m. the next morning, dropped Max off at hubby's parents, and hubby and Aaron took me straight to urgent care....where I was told I had an inner infection, given antiobiotics, loratab for pain, ear drops and sent on my way. Hubby got my prescriptions filled, took me home, and I seriously, after taken my meds/pain killer, proceeded to sleep the rest of my vacation (rest of that Saturday and all of Sunday) away....

So, now that I have bored you with enough of the details of our glorious trip...I am going to end this post here....

Check back in with me tomorrow...as I will finally post my give away...Which includes a bath towel robe...spa slippers...bath toiletry items as well as a couple of coupons for free yogurt...given to me my the lovely people at MYBLOGSPARK.COM....

No comments: