Monday, April 5, 2010

Quick Weekend Post....

Now, that I have gotten the vacay post over with...how was everyone's weekend? Mine was good, but very short, as usual.
Friday night, I left immediately after work, drove down to pick up 16 year old...we stopped and had dinner at Applebee's, rented some movies, bought a few groceries and I didn't get home until around 8 pm....
Didn't get to watch the movies though, because we got a new t.v. from the in-laws, and hubby thought he had the dvd player hooked up to the sattelite/tv correctly..well, it wasn't...and I couldn't figure it out either. After getting totally exasperated over it, I gave up and we tried to watch one of them on the computer screen..but it sucked...the movie was "Did you hear about the Morgans" and it was so boring...we stopped it half way through and we all went to bed.

Saturday, I got up early and tried to go for a run...the weather was predicting showers, but I thought I could beat them....after 2.75 miles, the wind was blowing, I was soaked to the bone, as of course it started raining half mile into my run...hubby met me to bring me water at the almost 3 mile mark, and made me quit. I was bummed, but...it was for the best, since I was just starting to feel better from the ear infection.

We had to be at his Mothers house at one p.m. anyway, to celebrate Easter...she was having it on Saturday, since it was the only day that worked out for the entire family..probably the other grandchildren's boyfriend/girlfriend..oh, well...whatever.
She had made nice little Easter baskets for the kids, we had a great dinner and Justin hid Easter eggs for the boys...
Here are the boys "hunting"....
(Excuse Justin's finger over the camera)








I didn't get to see a lot of the hunt, I was busy cleaning up the kitchen for the Mother In Law..she wasn't feeling too well, I thought it was wrong to have to let her do any of the clean up, when she shopped and cooked for 14 people. I cleared the table, put the food away and loaded the dishwasher...even cleaned her counter tops/stove...bless her heart. I love my Mother in Law to death....she was very grateful. We stayed for around 4 hours, then headed home...it's an hours drive..we were all pooped out..but, after dropping Keith and Max off at home...Justin, Aaron and I headed back to town...had to stop by the nail salon, get a nail fixed, to the mall to finish my Easter shopping for the boys...since Grandma had made them an Easter basket, they had already had an Easter Egg hunt, tons of candy..I asked them, since they don't believe in the Easter bunny any longer, if they wanted another basket, or did they want a special gift from me and their Dad...they opted for the gift...so, I bought a Nintendo DS game for Aaron and an XBOX game for Max....
we stopped by the store for sandwich fixings and headed home. I was wiped.
Sunday, I got up and made pancakes for everyone..then Justin and I went to the gym for a workout. I got in a 4.25 mile run and did a wieghts session for my back/arms/chest.

Hubby took Justin back and I spent a couple of hours watching Weeds on Netflix online....

Now..here we are..another work week ahead of us. Although, my Monday is almost over..thank goodness. I am headed to the gym after work for a six miler...some leg work..wish me luck. I am dead tired.

No comments: