Thursday, May 20, 2010

Working For The Weekend....



Without a doubt...all week long, I have been working for the weekend...and it's almost here...Yay! I am looking forward to a do-over with hubby..we have no kids and we are going to totally take advantage of that. We are in desperate need of some quality, one on one time.....

Things have lightened up for me...going in the right direction again. With my home and personal life and with my workout/exercise regime....now work...that record is continuously playing on "repeat"..in a negative way. Hubby emailed me yesterday, telling me to come striaght home after work, we would make a plan for dinner...I replied back, Yes, definitely, if I am not arrested before then for assault....meaning towards Mr. Burns....he is driving me up the damned wall! Things have not changed...the only days that are good for me at work, are the days he is not in the office. Seriously...he drives me to tears....not that I would ever give him the satisfaction of seeing that. The two of us, we are like oil and water....it is a natural disaster....He should work for BP.....he spreads his nastiness around so well.

Oh, well...enough about that...

I have been really "on it" when it comes to my running lately..last week, I finally broke through the 20 mile per week barrier...running a total of 27 miles in one week (yay for my twelve miler last Saturday)....So far this month, I have run 51 miles..if I get my run in as planned tonight and over the weekend, that will put me around 65 miles so far this month, giving me a grand total for the year of: 336.6 miles...and I have a week left in this month...My goal was to run at least 700 miles this year..I think, if nothing happens to me healthwise, I will more than exceed that.

This week, I have only worked out one day..that was Tuesday. I ran 5 miles, then did abs and back/neck/shoulders.

Wednesday, on my lunch break, I went to the gym and lifted again...focusing on chest, biceps/triceps/shoulders. I am so sore today..so, I know it was worth it. I was planning on a run last night, but we ended up going out for dinner. Then to the grocery store..so, that plan was dropped like a hot potato...

Tonight, is at least a 2 1/2 hour gym session...I plan on another 5 mile run, then more abs and the focus is on legs. I hate squats and lunges, especially walking lunges, those "kill me"...but, I plan on at least 3 sets of each, followed by Plie' squats, step ups, dead lifts and all the leg machines..adductor/abductor, standing calf raises, leg presses, etc....

I will be dead tired...that is for sure. Anyways, I am looking forward to a healthy gym sesh....go home afterwards, have a salad and go to bed...

Tomorrow is Friday...Yay! Hope you all have a spectacular weekend!

No comments: