Monday, June 28, 2010

So Bummed.....

So, how was your weekend? Well...mine in a nutshell..was fan-freaking-tastic!!! I have not had such a wonderful weekend in so long. I am seriously bummed it had to come to an end.

Friday night, hubby and I went to Indy and had an awesome time..but, Saturday...well, that was the icing on the cake. I finally got to meet my dear Friend Ger...It was a wonderful, truly delightful evening. I was worried that even though we clicked through our emails, that it would be awkward when we met in person..but, you know what? It wasn't...I truly felt like I had known this person forever....and they hit it off (at least I think they did) with the hubby as well. We had a wonderful dinner at Ruth Chris's Steakhouse...and I can't thank my friend enough for this treat..Ruth Chris's is not somewhere I have the opportunity to go very often. Actually, it was my first time ever and I am almost forty years old (shhhh...don't' tell anyone that little tidbit-I am scared to death of the big 40)....anyway, When I got there and looked at the price's on the menu, I wanted to get up and walk out...I was shocked. But, my Friend insisted we stay, Their treat...and it was a wonderful treat. I am so grateful for all you did for us Ger....It was without a doubt the best time I have had in a long time. After dinner, we hit up a couple clubs, took Ger back to the hotel-after our good byes, called it a night...ending up at home very late in the evening.late that night. I really hated to tell our friend good-bye, as distance prevents us from getting together as often as I would like. So, It was kind of depressing to have to leave em'.... Hopefully, we can travel to their neck of the woods in a few months and meet up again. :(

I was so busy over the weekend...I didn't get one workout in..so, I have to hit the gym hard tonight. My friend Ger was insisting I start what they are doing, an exercise program called Cross Fit...have you heard of it? I spent Sunday afternoon researching it and I think I need to talk to Ger about it a little more, but I think I am going to give it shot. Ger had me pretty much sold on the idea Saturday night..so, we will see...I did make a deal that I would start it and give it two weeks, but on the website, it looks so complicated...I just don't know....I think I need to research it a little bit more.

So, tonight, I am headed to the gym for my first run since last Wednesday and some weights. I only have to work 4 days this week...so, pray the work week goes by relatively painlessly.

Have a good one everybody!

No comments: