Friday, November 19, 2010

TGIF

"Running! If there's any activity happier, more exhilarating, more nourishing to the imagination, I can't think of what it might be. In running the mind flees with the body, the mysterious efflorescence of language seems to pulse in the brain, in rhythm with our feet and the swinging of our arms."
— Joyce Carol Oates

A quote I just read from Fitsugar, which for me..can not be more true...gosh, I sure do miss running! My mileage for this month has really sucked. I have only ran 16.5 miles for the entire month of November. I ran 4 miles on Monday and have not been able to run since. Hopefully, since I plan on going to the gym tonight, I may be be able to eek out a few miles. If not, me and my arch nemesis...the eliptical, will have to go head to head..got to get that cardio in somehow.

No big plans for the weekend. Hubby has to work tonight, the kids are going to be gone....so, after the gym, I plan on picking up a salad for dinner, grabbing a bottle of vampire wine and hitting up redbox for a movie. Then home to veg out for the evening.

As far as the rest of the weekend, no big plans. Hubby and I may go out tomorrow night for dinner and then to a club or something. I have to go get a pedicure Saturday morning, then to the gym again (I hope)...and sometime over the weekend, I have to fit in some shopping for Thanksgiving dinner...which I am hosting and cooking this year. Which reminds me, I need to take inventory of my fridge and pantry and clean out both in preparation. I am looking forward very much to having the entire family together. Meaning, me and hubby, my four boys and the in-laws. My Mother and Brother will not make it up. I figured they wouldn't. My brother and I had a big argument over the phone a couple nights ago. He really said some horrible things and hurt my feelings really bad. He is going through a divorce and is taking out his misery on me, Mom and his girls. I wish I could help him, but I just don't know what to do. I have tried to give him advice ( I have been through 2 terrible divorces myself-so I know what I'm talking about), but he won't listen. Anyway, it is what it is and I can't do anything about it.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: