Thursday, February 24, 2011

How Rude...


I don't know if it is just me, but lately, no matter where I go, I run into or encounter a rude individual. At the gas station, at the stop lights, at the mall, at the grocery store, restaurants and most of all..at the gym. I am so sick of people, and their sense of entitlement. No one thinks of other people, men are not nearly the gentlemen they were years ago and most women seem to be in "bitch mode" all the time.
For instance, I went to the gym last night, with a plan...get in/get out...I get there, change and decide to do a warm up run, then take a body pump class, then run another few miles before heading home. I ran one mile in 8 min 40 sec. Then took a body pump class, which by the way are totally awesome! After the class I came back out to run my last few miles and go home. But, before I got that 3 miles in, I almost had a "throwdown" with some old Santa Claus looking dude. I came out to the cardio area last night after the class, all the treadmills were in use, with the exception of a few that were broken....I stood there for a minute hoping someone would hurry up and finish and I could snag one. Within a couple minutes, a woman got off of one and I made a bee line for it. Just as I was about to reach it, within a second of putting my foot up on it, this old dude, big pot belly, long white hair, long white beard....maybe around 70'ish...lunged in front of me, threw his arm in front of my chest (blocking me) and grabbed the side rail of the treadmill, said "I'm taking this one"....let's just say my "claws" came out and I said a rather "not so nice" term, (guess my bitch mode was out too)....I was so pissed. Steaming mad! I have never had a man be so rude to me in my life.
I went to the back of the gym to watch for another treadmill, doing all I could to keep my anger in check. Within a few minutes, another treadmill opened up. Guess where it was at?
Yep, right next to Bad Santa....So, I was not going to let him intimidate me, so I jumped on next to him, threw my water bottle in the holder, flung my towel over the front...started adjusting my speed...that's when Bad Santa decided to mouth off again...He goes, "There is no reason to act so pissy"....and I said, "I have every right, you were rude"....He said, "life's to short, blah, blah, blah"...and I told him "Maybe for you, but not for me and I have no time for bullshit from dumb ass rude people like you"....Then he said something else, I was so mad, don't really remember, I just remember saying, "Don't have a heart attack-I would appreciate it if you would just shut the hell up"...and I started running, and totally smoked his ass. 3 more miles in 27 minutes.

I am so sick of this gym. Half the time the equipment is broke, people are rude and it is dirty. I am seriously thinking of switching to the gym on the other side of town. Newtones. They are doing a million dollar renovation and it is looking awesome. Cancelling at my current gym may be a problem though, because I have heard bad rumors about the owner ...that he is a shiester, he steals peoples money, and when you ask him to cancel your membership, he continues to withdraw funds from your checking. Some people have even had to threaten taking him to court to get there money back!

I can't afford two gym memberships. I am sure, there will be "rude" people wherever I I may go, but at least at this other gym, it is very nice/clean/ new equipment, etc... I have been there 3 times on a free pass and I really like where this owner is going with things.

Because last night, that was just the icing on the molded cake. LOL..

I am tired of going to an overcrowded dirty gym, where the workout areas make you feel like this:


Seriously, you can't even get over to the free weight area any longer. It so crowded with the social "meatheads" that lifting is out of the question.

What do you guys think? Should I switch gyms?

No comments: