Thursday, May 26, 2011

12, 3, 4...done and done!


The end of my training that is! I have completed my 12 miler on Sunday, and let me tell you...it was brutal! It took me a lot longer than I wanted it to...so, I am concerned that I am not going to meet my goal of completing this half marathon in my 2 hr 15 min time frame....It is going to be hotter then heck out on Sunday...a supposed high of 88 degrees....I don't handle the heat very well, it slows me down...although the race starts at 9 a.m..so, maybe it won't be quite as hot until late in the afternoon...since the 12 miler, I have done a 30 minute tempo run, that sucked too...I did that on Tuesday...and was still extremely sore from the 12 miler,plus it was on the treadmill in my garage, was again, very hot out....so I ended up running/walking for 30 minutes....last night, was a 4 miler and some strength training at the gym..the 4 miler was awesome...I felt great, my pace was around 9 min 35 sec per mile..I can deal with that kind of pace on race day...hope that momentum keeps up....tonight, I am supposed to run 3 miles, then taper on Friday and Saturday...I am thinking of skipping it, as I am still pretty sore and tired...I don't know, what do you think? Should I do it anyway, get it over with, then rest Friday and Saturday?
I am working a half day on Friday and am off of work next Monday for Memorial Day, which is a good thing, as I am sure walking on Monday will be somewhat difficult.
I can't believe after 12 weeks of training, my race is in 3 days! Omg, Omg, Omg...I am so freaking nervous! I couldn't hardly sleep last night, I am so anxious and worried over it. I am sure I will do fine, but I wouldn't be as nervous if I knew the temperature would be cooler.
As I said, I am working a half day tomorrow...so I intend to relax, go for lunch with the hubby, start carb loading Friday night. Saturday will be spent relaxing at the in laws lake house, they are 5 minutes from the race, instead of over an hour like I am...so we are spending the night at their house, so I won't have any worries getting to the start line Sunday morning...as far as carb loading goes, I have no idea what I need to eat in preparation for this race. I don't want to over do it, but I don't want to not have enough to power me through. If any of you have ran a half marathon..what worked best for you to eat the night before? I am thinking of making a lasagna and a salad....then race morning, just eating a bagel thin with peanut butter, a banana and a cup of coffee. I plan on taking a gu gel 15 minutes prior to start, then another gu around mile 4.5 and mile 9...Do any of you have any suggestions for me?
Help! :)

Wish me luck everyone!

No comments: