Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Hello, blogworld....long time no see. LOL...as usual, I really don't have a lot of reasons for being absent over the past week. Just busy...busy with work, busy with exercise, busy with family...etc, etc...

Hubby and I were on the go all weekend...as is usually the case. Friday afer work, we went out for a quick bite, then came home to tackle the house. God, I hate cleaning house....but, I hate having a dirty house even more, so I cleaned for four hours straight, stopping around midnight. Had a glass of wine, then went to bed.

I was wide awake Saturday morning by 5 30 a.m....on a Saturday? Who the heck does that? I tossed and turned for about 15 minutes and then decided I might as well get up, fuel up, throw back some coffee and then go for a run. It was in the mid sixites by 7 a.m, so I hit the road for a very nice 6.2 mile run. It was glorious. The best run I have had since running my half marathon last month. Which by the way, my training starts in one month for my next half. I am so looking forward to running another half...I would love to P.R., come in under 2 hours 10 minutes....that would be freaking awesome!

After my run, I came home showered and dressed and went to get a nail fill and a pedicure...hubby and I planned to go out of town for the rest of the day and overnight, so I was unable to make it to Body Pump Saturday morning.
We left around 1 30 that afternoon, driving up to Ft Wayne, Indiana..with the plan to stop at a winery near South Bend....well, the winery we stopped out was an apple winery and needless to say, it left a lot to be desired. We left empty handed and quite disappointed.

All in all our visit with friends in Ft Wayne was very nice and we had a lot of fun...
we got home Sunday afternoon around 2 pm, dropped off our overnight bags, then headed to Rockville to pick up Max from his Grandparents.

It was a fun but exhausting weekend. This weekend coming up, being the Fourth, I really have no plans. I might drive to Terre Haute on Sunday, as my oldest son turns 21 on the 3rd of July, and I would love to take him out for lunch. We will see....depends on how he feels after the previous nights celebrations. LoL.....Heres to a short work week...I have a four day weekend and it can't get here too soon. I plan on working out every day this week, I had a four mile run last night, tonight, I plan on at least 5 miles then Body Pump....a 3 mile on Weds and then four miles on Thursday and lifting on my own....I may take Friday off then work out again on Saturday, run and Body Pump and a long run of 7 miles on Sunday.

Happy early Fourth of July!

No comments: