Monday, February 6, 2012

February huh?

Wow...I can't believe that it is February already...and I admit, I have not been very good at keeping up with this here blog...Life has truly become so busy for me that blogging and I just don't mix much anymore. Besides...there has not been a whole lot to blog about...that is pretty much the same line I write with each blog post as of late, so I figured why bother....

My family and I are all doing well, so to speak...the kids are good, the hubby is good and I am doing just "ok"....I pretty much fell off the fitness wagon the entire month of January....so, I hope to get back in the swing of things this month. Last week, I worked out 4 times, ran 20.5 miles....only took 1 Body Pump class and I really need to focus on my strength training again...a year ago, I was "ripped" and I have totally lost all of the muscle tone I worked so hard for....I just have felt off for quite some time, health wise....I had some serious stomach issues last month as well...went to the doctor, thought maybe it was my gallbladder, had an ultrasound and blood work done and both came back fine...I was never given an alternative answer to my problem by the doctor other than "possible IBS"....so, I started taking Metamucil, upped my fiber, cut out alcohol ( I had gotten to where I was drinking a lot of wine-not on an alcoholic level..but enough I knew was not good for my body) and changed some of the foods I was eating. I had a strange fluttering sensation for over two weeks beneath my right rib cage and it was literally driving me nuts...and it scared me...as I had no idea what the heck it was...Never got an answer from the Doctor on that either..but, surprisingly, it has stopped as of Saturday. No idea what it was. I can't help but wonder if it stress/anxiety....I have been dealing with a lot...My oldest son got into a little bit of trouble, My Mom is homeless and refuses to move to Indiana to live with me.....as is my brother....Both of them are temporarily staying with her best friend but it is not a long term answer....On top of that my 16 year old niece (my brothers daughter) is pregnant...I am so worried about her and how she is going to cope, as her Mother is trash and worthless and my brother has pretty much checked out of the whole situation...Everything seems as if it is such a mess and I feel totally helpless...We have had car problems and had to buy a new car, so of course lots of stress went hand in hand with that...sigh....I just don't know....

Anyway, I am so ready for Spring..I think I have a serious case of the Winter Blues....things have got to start looking up!

1 comment:

The Blue Orchid of Texas said...

Thanks for catching me up!! Hang in there amiga. Spring is definitely on the way and I'm hoping it's in full bloom for you D.C.