Friday, March 21, 2008

TGIF....FRIDAY FUNNY....EASTER WEEKEND!

I found this on another site....I had to share, so yes...I totally stole it..so, for some Easter humor...I give you...

"PEEP SHOW"


"PETE?"


"OUCH"


Wow...hard to believe this is Easter Weekend....two weeks early of course. What the heck is up with that? I swear, since I have lived in Indiana, I can't recall but very few nice weather Easters...this weekend is going to suck as far as temps go. Get this, here in Lafayette, for tomorrow...snow showers! Give me a break...I don't know how much more of this chilly weather I can take. The first day of spring was yesterday, but it as yet to feel like it.

Anyway, I have to finish my shopping this evening, for Easter Dinner...I plan on cooking a ham with all the southern side fixings....then, I guess we will have our Easter Egg hunt in the house...what fun is there in that? I have finished shopping for the kids baskets..yes, I make them for all four boys...even though the oldest are 14 and 17...they still like the baskets...the candy...the surprises I put inside. Hubby and I also bought new bikes for the two youngest boys...they are going to be so surprised. We don't usually go overboard for Easter, but last year...I was a shitty mom, and bought premade Easter baskets from Hell-Mart....they sucked and I was embarrassed after the kids got them....ashamed is a better word for it. I didn't do anything for the older boys last year, so I felt compelled to make it up to them this year.
I picked Justin up last night after work, he has Good Friday off from school, so I won't have to make that trip tonight. I won a gift certificate to a local Italian restuarant, off of the radio last week, so I make take the boys there to eat tonight, then to see Horton Hears A Who


....the little ones have been wanting to go since it opened last week....Can you believe that movie grossed $45 million dollars on it's opening weekend? Have any of you seen it? Is is as good as they say? If I'm going to fork over $50 to take them all to see it tonight, I want to make sure I am going to get my monies worth, you know?

Saturday is our day to dye easter eggs and I promised Max I would make an Easter Bunny Cake...I have never done one before, so I am not sure where to start....do any of you have a great recipe for an Easter Bunny cake????
Help a mom out here and forward one to me, K? Thanks, much....

Sunday, hubby's mom wants us to go to church....but, I don't think we will make it...I didn't buy the boys new outfits for Easter, because I figured we would be at home...although, Aaron does have a nice spring like outfit I bought him a few weeks ago for his spring pictures at school...plus, it will take me most of the morning to cook our Easter Meal...so, more than likely, we will stay at home. Although, I will read the Easter story (child like version) to them...just so they do understand what Easter is all about (they know...I just like to reaffirm it to them)..that Easter bunnies, candy, easter eggs are not the true meaning behind Easter...

What are your Easter traditions? Have you got the baskets made for your little ones? Do you do baskets? Do you have any Easter Bunny traditions? I make Easter bunny paw prints from the side of the kids beds, to the front door, to wherever I hide the baskets...so the kids have to follow the trail, to find their baskets. This year, I was hoping to have a scavenger hunt for the kids, but the weather doesn't seem like it is going to cooperate, my house is not big enough to have one inside...

So...here's to a Happy Easter Weekend with your family...hope it's great, relaxing and don't eat too much Easter candy!

Dixiechick...out.

13 comments:

Miss said...

Definetly go see the movie!! We went on Wednesday and it was great!!!

the planet of janet said...

the movie is adorable. roo-girl LOVED it ...

my only easter tradition is to scarf down as much candy as humanly possible!

Honeybell said...

I keep hearing great things about that movie! Mr. Honeybell and I are working night shifts all weekend, so Easter should be interesting. yay, the Easter Bunny came! Good for you, now shut up and let me sleep. LOL!

Cynthia said...

Oh my little ones so want to see Horton! Let us know if it's any good, I don't think we'll get to it this weekend...Happy Easter

Ken said...

You do a lot for Easter. We're just going to decorate the eggs tomorrow and hunt for eggs on Sunday. I think the wife is cooking ham too. That's it for us party animals.

Rachel said...

First... look at you and your 10 pounds lost! That's fantastic.
Second... I so want to take princess to see that movie. I adore Dr. Seuss and so does she. let me know what you think!
Easter... I make migas and bacon and toast, the easter bunny leaves baskets of goodies on the fireplace and if the weather will ever permit, my children will hunt eggs with money and goodies and little candy in them. The last two years... it has rained. UGH.
Oh well. Those pics were hysterical. Usually we do ham or turkey for dinner, I think this year I'm going to do a roast with horseradish sauce and roasted asparagus.
Happy Easter weekend honey.

Big Pissy said...

I ADORE Easter...and it's so much fun with children still at home...no matter how old they are. :)

I made baskets for my girls last year and they were 28 and 24! lol they loved them! :)

I used to make a "bunny" cake when the girls were small. Just a regular yellow sheet cake with white icing and then I'd cut out the bunny's face and ears....decorate the face accordingly. Always turned out cute.

Happy Easter! :)

Anonymous said...

Bat bought me an Easter basket last year with a stuffed bunny and all my favorite candy. I didn't buy him anything this year, and I don't know if he bought me anything. I thought about just buying us a bag of candy and calling it Easter.

BBC said...

I don't pay much attention to Easter. But I'll do a short post on it in the morning.

Toni said...

We go crazy for every holiday here. My husband's family never did anything big so he is all over that kind of stuff. We make baskets every year and have an egg hunt with just our children first thing in the morning. I usually stick an egg in my daughter's room very obviously so she remembers that it is Easter when she wakes and then she knows to look all around as she gets out of bed and comes to the family room. She will have about 15 eggs with trinkets and fun things. We then go to church, as is usual on a Sunday.
After church we usually go to my mom's where there is a giant egg hunt left for the kids by the Easter Bunny while we were all at church. She makes baskets for the children, too. This year, though, we are doing lunch at my house because we just finished our basement and everyone wants to see it. We gave up the traditional ham and fixings about five years ago when my grandma passed and now my husband grills steaks (regardless of weather) and we have picnicky foods. It is one of my favorite holidays because there isn't the mess from the hundred hours of cooking and it is more relaxed.

I hope you have a great family weekend! xoxox

Sandy Kessler said...

how's the weight thing Miss Cake ??hahah

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Love the pictures!

We are going to my Aunt's house on Sunday. We are non-churchy peeps.

Have a good weekend!

P.S. Sorry I've been slacking on my comments. Seriously, I've been working out like 2 hours a day!

DIXIECHICK said...

Miss...we did, they loved it. It was great!

Janet...the movie was really cute, believe it or not..I had only one Peep as far as Easter candy went. Although, when I was cooking, I did a lot of "tasting"....cake batter, icing, cheesecake mix, etc..etc...didn't stick with my diet too much this weekend..didn't do bad...but the only Nutrisystem food I consumed was for breakfast...I actually had Mac n cheese, homemade...oops!

Honey...I hear you..3rd shift is a killer...hubby works it. I am tired too...it was like I worked third shift Sat night...what not getting into bed until after 2 a.m. and Max waking me up before 4 a.m....yikes! Hope your Easter was great.

Nap..take them...it was great! They will love it.

Daddio....everyone has different traditions...we don't always go all out either....last year sucked, so I tried to make up for it this year...I just hope I didn't set the bar too high for next year!

Rachel...the movie was adorable, funny...really cute. She will love it, so take her, asap...Question? What are migas? Hope your Easter was great!

Pissy...yes, this year, I did the same for the two teenagers..they loved their Easter prezzies....
The bunny cake turned out ok..not as good as I had hoped..definitely room for improvement, hope to have pics posted soon.

Flat..you are funny...Keith and I don't exchange gifts for any Holiday...not even Christmas..we just focus on the kids...that is expensive enough.

BBC...I will be over to read it. Thanks for stopping by.


Toni..gosh, I have said it before...I will say it again..we are so much alike. We had our egg hunt after Easter Dinner, in the afternoon...I don't hide the baskets..but, leaving an egg in the kids room is a great idea. I hope you and your family had a terrific Easter.


Sandy..weight thing is going good...10 lbs down. Yay!

Julie..no problem...I have to force myself some days to come up with something to post about. I need to get on the working out bandwagon too...Good for you!