Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Fun Christmas Meme.....




Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends. Sometimes gift bags, but most often wrapping paper. There is just something about the fun in ripping the paper off of that gift!

2. Real or artificial tree? Fake. I worry about a real one catching on fire, plus all the pine needles falling off.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but this year it will be this Friday.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after the New Year.

5. Do you like eggnog? If it has liquor in it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Shamefully, I don't remember.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Two.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have never received a bad gift. It is always the thought that counts with me.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have in years past, don't know if the budget will allow that this year. Maybe to just a few close family and friends.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have two. A Christmas Story and Bad Santa.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually two weeks before Christmas!

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My famous Christmas dinner...ham, mac-n-cheese, mashed potatos, homemade rolls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, etc...plus all the great before dinner finger foods and desserts/cookies.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear...always!

14. Favorite Christmas song? Rocking around the Christmas tree.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes! To not know them would be so "un-American"..lol!

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.


18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? I usually let the kids open one present Christmas Eve, that I pick out for them to open.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds at the stores and Mall.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Kind of a candy theme...gum drop garland, lot's of candy type ornaments.

21. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk of course! And some "Reindeer food".

22. Least favorite holiday song? White Christmas...I hate snow! I don't even want to sing about it!

23. Favorite ornament? The ones my kids have made.

There you have it...23 fun things about me regarding the holidays. Feel free to take this meme and make it your own. Just leave me a comment so I can come over and check out your answers!

1 comment:

Steph said...

okay, I played! thanks for helping me pass the morning!