Friday, July 24, 2009

Finally....Friday!



I love Fridays! Not only because it is finally the end of a long long week, but it is the beginning of the weekend and I get to wear jeans to work. Hopefully the day will go by quickly.

We had a friend over for dinner last night and had such a great evening. A lot of wine was consumed and I am afraid to say, I am somewhat hung over this morning. That makes for a long work day, let me tell you. I don't think I will be partaking of the wine for quite some time.

I got the most wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday. I am so touched by this....a special friend I have made through this blog, sent me a wonderful card yesterday. He enclosed a gift card to Target...my favorite, favorite store.....Jerry, if you are reading this....you made me cry dude! No one has ever done anything like that for me before. You blew my mind! From the bottom of my heart, thank you. It has been very tough on us financially for some time...and there are no words for the kindness you showed to me. You are awesome! Your act of kindness totally restored my faith in human beings. There are still some pretty amazing people in this world.

Have a great weekend everyone! I know I plan on it!

2 comments:

Sicilian said...

I don't know who Jerry is, but that was a wonderful thing to do.

I too have been hung over from wine and tequila. I swear them off for awhile too.

Enjoy your weekend, and get yourself something from Target too!
ciao

Dixiechick said...

Jerry is just a friend I have made through my blog, he started reading me a while back; doesn't have one of his own, but yes, he is a great and generous person.

I don't drink much tequila, wine is my down fall. I love me some wine!

Hope your week is going great!