Thursday, February 4, 2010

Moneeeeyyyyyy.....Money...Money....Money....Money...



Thank goodness for my two spawns..I got a great tax refund back....picking up my check at lunch time today..bills can be caught up, money put in savings and things in my financial world can finally get back on track. I am so excited..because now I can go shopping for some new things....new running/gym attire and accessories...

I am going to the running store to have an analysis done on my feet while running, then get fitted for proper shoes, new running clothes and a Garmin...oh, Garmin...How I have coveted thee....

But what kind, which one to get? Does anyone out there have any recommendations for me?

Also, I am a girly girl...I admit it without shame...because I so totally want one of these..

A running skirt....I have worked hard for this body, regardless of those other bloggers out there, that have slammed these...made fun of chicks who wear them...they can all go suck it...I can pound out the miles like the rest of them...I pound it hard when I run, but what is wrong with a woman wanting to look good while doing it? I find those that have bad things to say about them or not comfortable enough in their own skin to wear them, so they have to poke fun at those that do. Whatever..to each his own..I like them! What thoughts do any of you have on running skirts?

I am so excited to get to go to a real running store. Hopefully a trip to the big city will be arranged here shortly (Indianapolis)...oh, and a trip to Whole Foods...maybe Sunday. I can't wait...

Life is good!!!!

4 comments:

Therese said...

Hey babe thanks for stopping by my blog!

Dang you MUST have gotten some $$$ from Uncle Same...I would kill for a Garmin. Sadly ALL of my tax return is going to bills.

ps I have a pink running skirt :)

Missy said...

Thanks for the nice comment! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Erin Helgerson said...

Whenever I wear my running skirt, I run faster! I think it's because I'm scared someone will see! Plus, I kind of get like a giddly little school girl!!!

Sicilian said...

It is amazing what a little money can do to the frame of mind.

I am glad you are going to a running store for shoes. I think it will be great for your fitness routine.

Ciao