Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rainy Days...and Rainy Nights...I love them!!!!


I Love a Rainy Night - For more funny videos, click here

That has been my theme song the past couple of days...I just loved this song in the eighties...grew up listening to Eddie Rabbit, Crystal Gayle, Kenny Rogers and the like...

Anyway, we have been having some torrential evening storms and rain the past couple of nights...Monday, right before it was time to leave work...the tornado sirens were going off and then we lost power...it came back on just in time for me to clock out and leave...I was less than a mile from work, headed home and my cell phone rang...hubby said things were awful headed out our way (home) and that I should just pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot and wait it out..until it blew over toward home..well, let me tell ya...by the time I got to the next stop-light, the heavens opened up and the Lord dumped it on us! I pulled into the parking lot at Walmart, facing the main road, right in front of a storm sewage drain (the kind that goes beneath the road)...The wind was blowing so hard, my little car was almost rolling on it's own...no kidding. I pulled up the emergency brake, sat there to wait it out..then the hail started to pour down...and I thought to myself, if I feel this car start to lift, I am bailing, doing a tuck and roll down the hillside I was parked in front of and into that storm drainage pipe...hell if I was going to play the part of Dorothy...

Then, I got scared of the hail..big golf ball size pieces....I feared damage to my car, one coming through my windshield and possibly taking me out with a head injury, you know..shattered glass and all...

So, oblivious to the hubby's direct orders..I hightailed it out of there and headed home. Hubby mis led me..the storm had not even reached our little town, but it was headed our way. I outran it home..yes, I did. I was home a good ten minutes before it hit our house....As I said in my blog post title...I love rainy days and nights, but only if I am at home..I don't like to be out in the rain, and I don't like to drive in it...

The storm hit, the tornado sirens were going off, hubby had the kids in the basement...what did I do...oh, like any goofus...I went out on the porch to watch the skies...never seen a real tornado before..so, I thought I would give it a looksie...well, needless to say, no tornado, but lots of high winds/rain...my goofy friend next door and her "bestie" went tornado chasing in her car..according to my hubby....lol...don't know if they ever caught up with one or not..as she hasn't bothered to call me in two weeks!!! Damn it girl, if you read this, pick up the phone, m'kay?

After the storm past..we loaded up the kids and went into town for a quick bite...Subway, eat fresh...yeah, well..kind of costly to eat fresh...for me, the hubby and two kids, $25....yeah, I could have bought sandwich fixings, made them for half that price. The cost of convenience, huh? Then a quick trip to the grocery, and I was home, showered and ready for bed by 8 p.m..another reason I love those rainy nights...makes me sleepy and all relaxed and stuff. If it's not a work night, like..the weekend, I enjoy sitting on my front porch, with a nice glass of wine, just relaxing...just "being"...listening to the rain fall...this rain the past couple of nights though, that wouldn't have been possible, as it has been one of those rains with high winds and it blows sideways...not a gentle, fall straight down from the sky kind.

Then, last night..more rain...I went into the gym, after work...the sun was shining, I come out 2 1/2 hours later, get in my car and within 2 minutes..down pour...again...and it continued to rain through out the evening.

Last night, I was so tired ya'll...I slept like the dead..that is what an intense work out session does for me sometimes...I ended up running 4. 5 miles last night and then I did an hours worth of strength training (abs/upper body-chest, arms, shoulders, bi-ceps/tri-ceps)...I was barely able to drag myself of the work out floor and into the locker room...and gym locker rooms...I hate them...well, I hate them when they are full of other people. Yesterday, when I got to the gym...I go to my "area" to change, hoping that I won't be disturbed...and lo and behold, it never fails...some "woman" parked her ass right next to me, on the bench I was changing at...there were two other areas available...why me???? Now, as I have said before, for having four kids (not tooting my own horn, seriously), I have a pretty smoking body..and I have busted my ass and deprived myself of some seriously yummy food, for this body..and in doing so, I keep myself well groomed, at all times...and when changing, I do so as quickly and modestly as I can...but this "woman", and we call her that lightly, proceeded to stip down, buck ass naked, right there next to me....I was bent down tying my shoes and turned around to pick up my heels I wore to work and put them in my gym bag, when I turned around...what was staring me in my face, but "chewbaca"...or a "chia pet"...not sure what to call it...OMG!!!!
This woman undoubtedly had never heard of a razor..or the fact that is the year 2010 of our Lord and that he has invented things like razors, bikini waxes, scissors..anything to curb that mess!!! Seriously??? Her private area looked like this


Michael Jacksons fro, when he was a young boy (not dissing Michael ya'll-loved him during this era), but just saying...
There are still women out there that do not believe in grooming?...This is not 1960 or older...I have never in my life seen such a sight...and to make it even funnier..she was trying to talk to me....standing there stark naked...I muttered something..have a good work out..I don't freaking remember....If I had the chance I would have taken a coupon out of my bag for shaving cream and stuck it in her locker, but I didn't have the nerve. I could barely see to walk out into the gym...I could not get that awful sight out of my mind...Women, just like pedicures (which are so necessary...shave...please, for the love of well..everything..shave, arm pits, legs, your lovely lady bits...you will feel so much better about yourself..trust a girl.

After my work out, I had no gym locker peace either...I usually just grab my things and go...but some woman decided to bring all elevnty hundred of her children into the locker room with her. Boys and girls...the oldest boy was probably eight or nine....not sure...but, there are reasons it is called the "womens locker room"...don't bring your son in there, please...Chewbaca lady could have been prancing around..that child would have been scarred for life..seriously. There are even signs posted on the door for family's to use the family restroom for children over the age of four years old....of the opposite sex....but, time and time again, they continue to break this rule. Pisses me off! Also, once again, she had all of her crap and her eleventy hundred kids crap piled onto the bench right where my locker was, so I had to put all my crap on the floor....so, I didn't change...just grabbed my stuff and left...but, I would have liked to have been in there and seen this Mom's face if Chewbaca lady came in to change...

I am so glad it's Wednesday..it's all down hill from here folks! Looking forward to a nice run (at the gym) this evening...just a short 3.5 miler, then home to relax with the hubby and Aaron...Max went back to hubby's parents for the rest of the week...they came up to help us cut some tree branches down from the storm...we lost our beautiful purple plum in the back yard..I hate that! Looks like we will have to find a replacement tree..it was so pretty! Anyway, should be a relatively quiet evening.

Have a great rest of the week.

2 comments:

Real Life Drama Queen said...

ROTFLMAO after all of that.. all that keeps flashing in my head is Chewbacca.. OMG.. Dying here.

Dixiechick said...

So was I...good thing I didn't smell it, then it would have been a lot more disgusting...Eewwww!