Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Temptation...The root of all evil...



Ahh....temptations...they are all around us....and for those of us that try to exercise, eat healthy and be fit...working in an office...that constantly brings in cookies, donuts, candy etc..it is tough...Even more so on days like today. Today, we are having a collect-a-thon...for Accounts Receivable...so, to motivate everyone..the Managers decided to have a cook-out..hamburgers, grilled chicken, BBQ...chips, cookies, brownies, etc...you name it..it is in the back room and the smell is wafting in my office, especially the BBQ and it is driving me nuts!

I for one..did not know about the cookout, so I went to Panera bread for lunch...cup of veggie soup and half a tuna sandwich..healthy right? Yep, you betcha'...410 calories total. Very proud of myself...then, I walk in the office...needless to say, I would not have ate anything but the grilled chicken, but to have been told before lunch would have been nice. Oh, well....

I have mentioned before, I maintain a healthy weight, and have so for the past 2 plus years..some days, it fluctuates...(like this weekend, a 5 lb gain on Monday morning-of which I freaked the hell out and am proud to report after 2 days of healthy eating...and working out...those 5 lbs are "poof" gone)...so, to stay on track...I am avoiding the back room like a plaque of locusts are back there...well, in lieu of the number of times I have seen repeats trips by various co workers to the back room, there probably is a plaque of locusts..lol...but, man..temptation..so very hard to resist.

How many of you are faced with temptations regarding your food choices? How do you deal with it? Do you bite the bullet or do you cave..give in? Just one little bite? Well, as for me...I am standing firm..sitting here...drinking my water...avoiding the back room, avoiding temptation...Score one for me! Yay!

1 comment:

Mark said...

I'm quite lucky when it comes to eating. I manage to keep a good handle on it. My real temptations are things like fast foods (especially KFC), but they are easy to avoid.

I would be tempted by the cookout and I would probably have some depending on how it looked. If it was swimming in grease, I'd dodge it :)