Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's all downhill from here....

Hump Day Graphics


For some reason, it sure seems like this week is dragging by...I am totally looking forward to the weekend. Work has been really busy as of late...yet very boring, if that makes any sense? LOL....

Went to the gym last night, and ran a quick and speedy four miles, spent 20 minutes on ab work and then another hour doing this:

Weight Loss Graphics

I am so sore this morning, I can barely move...good news is, when I weighed this morning, I was down 3 lbs, from the 5 I gained....so, I will take that! Must have been a lot of water weight....

I decided last night that I am going to go back to weight training on my own...I have been doing Body Pump a couple times a week and I am giving it my all when I do, but I am just not seeing a lot of results from it. I use at least 15 lbs on my warm up and even more when doing the exercises...but, my body is just not as toned and muscular as it was when I weight trained on my own. Don't get me wrong, I may still take a Body Pump class occasionally, because I do enjoy them, but I am not going to depend on that for my total strength training....not so sure that I ever burn off 600 plus calories in an hour they say you can when you give it your all. Have any of you ever taken Body Pump and if so, what kind of results did you notice over an extended period of time?

I am totally loving my new gym too! I am so glad I transferred, Newtones is so much nicer and cleaner, the people are friendlier and the staff are awesome. So much better and more enjoyable then my former gym....there are fewer treadmills there, so...I had to wait a few minutes last night for one to open up...but that doesn't happen very often, so I didn't mind....worse case scenario, they have an indoor track, so I can run a few laps around that if need be while I wait. It so hot right now, running outside is just not an option. I have said before, me and the heat, we don't mix....so, during the hot Summer months, I take my running inside...I do hope that it starts to cool down somewhat within the next couple of weeks, as my training for the Indy half marathon begins July 24th...I do prefer to run outside, so cooler weather would be welcome.

The kids are enjoying their Summer Vacation, but it seems like it has went by so quickly...they will be back in school in about 4 weeks. So, the hubby and I are going to try to fit in a little weekend get away for them in a couple weeks. We are going to take them to Holiday World, in Santa Claus Indiana....Aaron was very little the last time he went, and Max has never been, so that should be a fun and exciting adventure for them. Max has just now reached 4 feet tall, so he is thrilled that he will be able to ride all the rides. Lol...if that were all I had to worry about...I will make sure to take lots of pictures....

Well, I better wrap it up...lots of work to do....Have a good rest of the week everyone!

No comments: